No cycling for while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

GWS AF

OP
OP
addictfreak
Another Google lesson completed, and all I can say is, feck me Sir!

Seriously GWS and best wishes to you and yours for the festive season :santa:

I must say that after my first scan at a local hospital, the Doctor came running on to the ward. Came straight to my bed and said are you ok? I said apart from the headache from hell I feel fine. Are you sure? Erm yes.

Then she me what I had and that I was being transfered on Blues and Twos, to the RVI!

I reached for my phone to google the condition, but thought no if I know how serious it is, it could have an adverse effect.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Still, though it could have been worse. It could have been me.

Get well soon friend, take it easy and have a good Christmas.

carolonabike

That sounds really nasty, but you're right, the RVI (or the Freeman) is the place to be. GWS best wishes from Arsen Gere and me. We're just along the road so if you need anything give us a shout.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I had to look that up too. Blimey! :eek:

Get well soon AF.

A friend's daughter in law had that a few years ago, unfortunately she didn't make it. Happened in the middle of the night and she had passed away by the time the ambulance arrived.:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Going to be off the bike for a while, but lucky to be here.

9 days ago I suffered a subarachnoid haemorrge, undoubtedly the worst experience of my life. But thanks to some excellent treatment in the RVI in Newcastle I am back home. Going to be a long road back with at least 3 months off work. Spending days in bed at the moment in recovery, it's surprising how the smallest of tasks leave me absolutely drained. Even getting up a having shower, ends up with me having to have nap.
Doctors reckon that around 40% of those who suffer this never make it to hospital. I'm putting my survival down to my fitness and a huge slice of luck.

I would interested to hear if anyone out there has suffered the same condition, and how you got through it.

Get well soon, take your time coming back and have a good Xmas.

I think you are right: being a fit person through cycling or whatever gives you a big advantage in recovering.

Yes I'm sure being fit gives you an advantage.
I'm sure pushing myself on the bike brought my Angina to light early, and I'm sure the fitness the cycling gave me helped me to bounce back afterwards.

Wobblers

Euthermic
That's really nasty - glad to hear that you're still here!

I'm still limping somewhat after breaking my ankle 5 months ago, but as ColinJ says, rest assured that things do improve, if slowly (glad to hear that you're getting better, Colin!). You will get stronger over the coming days and weeks. May your recovery be sure and steady!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had to look it up as well. Take care of yourself and I hope you see a steady improvement over the coming days, weeks and months.

Top Bottom