No more aero bars for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...both types...I don't eat the horrid things and now I've removed the bars from my bike. I found that i hardly used them, mostly because in traffic here I feel unstable on them especially as the big lorries pass to close...going down bury hill last week I nearly came off as i was on the aero bars and couldnt get back to the hoods at speed..oops...so all in all a bit of a waste of time for me anyway..so they are toast^_^..bike looks better now anyway.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
...bike looks better now anyway.
Amen to that Brother.

Blue

Legendary Member
I would only put them on a bike if I wanted to do a TT, when they enter the 'mutts nuts' category - is set-up correctly.

Mr Phoebus

I had a pair of aero bars on my racer. I went to my doctor and wheeled the bike into the hallway next to the waiting room.
A woman enquired what the bars were and I told her. She then said "do you rest your chin on them?",
only if you're Bruce Forsyth, I replied.
I then overheard one of the receptionists say to the other receptionist I wonder what those things are for on that bike?
The other one replied matter-of-factly "Oh, they're the mounts for a child seat." ^_^

...both types...I don't eat the horrid things and now I've removed the bars from my bike. I found that i hardly used them, mostly because in traffic here I feel unstable on them especially as the big lorries pass to close...going down bury hill last week I nearly came off as i was on the aero bars and couldnt get back to the hoods at speed..oops...so all in all a bit of a waste of time for me anyway..so they are toast^_^..bike looks better now anyway.

What type were they?

Top Bottom