No more cheap lids.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After using a Carnac lid I've permanent indents in my head. I guess it's water in the flesh that's pushed away never to return. Only noticed because of covid cuts. I don't want to wear a £1 mask and go to the barbours with the Barbour also in PPE when we are more than likely both Asymptomatic.
Has anybody else scared their heads by ill/tight fitting helmets?
Difficult to understand, but at least you spelt permanent correctly. I’m always tempted to get the a and second e the wrong way round. :okay:

All uphill

Still rolling along
Scared or scarred?:rolleyes:
Any bets regarding how long it might be before this controversial thread gets shunted to the Helmets section?
Maybe it's a typo and @Milzy meant Pelmets?

Drago

Legendary Member
After using a Carnac lid I've permanent indents in my head. I guess it's water in the flesh that's pushed away never to return. Only noticed because of covid cuts. I don't want to wear a £1 mask and go to the barbours with the Barbour also in PPE when we are more than likely both Asymptomatic.
Has anybody else scared their heads by ill/tight fitting helmets?
Surely this is an issue with the fit, not the value of the lid? Just because a lid may be expensive is in no way a measure of how well it fits. Expensive Giro lids feel like my head is in a vice, but relatively inexpensive Uvex ones are like a second skin.

super_davo

Über Member
By and large Carnac helmets are great.
I have four in total, a Bambino copy, an Evade copy, a full aero model, and a normal Notus.
However I do also own a Giro Synthe I keep for "best" and it has a number of features that just make it significantly more comfortable e.g. the cradle, the pads, the internal finishing. But that's a much, much more expensive helmet.
The fact they can knock out helmets for £10-20 makes a mockery of normal brands pricing, and means you can change regularly which I'm sure improves safety (and certainly smell!). I just wish they made something a little more premium, as I can't believe the small details on the Synthe that make so much difference would cost very much to add.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom