No more Poundland bike cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
why not just use a real bike cleaner?

Because it is not £15 for 5 gallons. I use TFR for a lot of jobs on the cars on the caravan, on the plastic windows and lots more.

huwsparky

Über Member
Because it is not £15 for 5 gallons. I use TFR for a lot of jobs on the cars on the caravan, on the plastic windows and lots more.

The general cyclist is happy to pay whatever I think. I got a litre of Fenwick's degreaser the other day for £10. I mean, that really is daylight robbery for what it is.

BTW I only got it as I needed a degreaser and had a voucher from merlin cycles that I needed to use up. But thought to myself at the time a motor factors would have been a better bet for that kind of stuff.

Hyslop

Veteran
Has anyone else noticed it hasent been stocked for months? Ive checked every store in my area and none have had it for months :/
Funnily enough,the Carlisle branch has litres of the stuff.I noticed it on Saturday and apparently its the first time it has been on sale here.I did notice a warning on the package to the effect that it ought not to be used in bright sunlight:unsure:,so,given that I have a carbon bike I didnt buy any in case the thing vanished before my eyes!

classic33

Leg End Member
Mineis back too!! Thank god, im going to bulk buy.
Supply problem according to someone who works there.

Tojo

Über Member
Poundland Elbow grease kitchen degreaser, that's what I use, ok on plastics and metal....at the end of the day degreasing detergent is what it says....just that, and all that Muk-off is basically the same, only they say its bike specific and charge four times the price......:whistle:

Top Bottom