No stock anywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd use something else - another 160mm Shimano rotor. I really don't know why the finned rotors are popular on road bikes, they aren't really needed on MTB's where braking forces are much bigger and for 'longer'.

If you want some bling, Uber Bike or Hope do some nice rotors.

chris-suffolk

dodgy

I'd use something else - another 160mm Shimano rotor. I really don't know why the finned rotors are popular on road bikes, they aren't really needed on MTB's where braking forces are much bigger and for 'longer'.

I think it's been demonstrated a few times in various articles/youtube videos, that a road bike has the propensity to generate far greater heat than an MTB. In the early days Shimano did tests on alpine descents which lead to the finned pads solution.
Alternatively, Shimano offer these pads for no reason whatsoever.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think it's been demonstrated a few times in various articles/youtube videos, that a road bike has the propensity to generate far greater heat than an MTB. In the early days Shimano did tests on alpine descents which lead to the finned pads solution.
Alternatively, Shimano offer these pads for no reason whatsoever.

People need to stop dragging their brakes though.:laugh: Not many Alpine descents in the UK

OP
OP
D

DaveM77

Wow I was watching a ultegrs pair on eBay that ended for £137 plus postage. That’s £30 more than Wiggle. Guess people are desperate atm 😬 I’m waiting til some arrive in the UK

vickster

Legendary Member
Wow I was watching a ultegrs pair on eBay that ended for £137 plus postage. That’s £30 more than Wiggle. Guess people are desperate atm 😬 I’m waiting til some arrive in the UK
What’s wrong with the Merlin ones linked above ?

This makes more sense to me now as the 11 speed 105 groupset that was n my stolen Genesis CDF was probably worth more than the bike as a whole

Still not happy about it either, I hope the thieves died in a van smash or with a bad batch of smack

Top Bottom