No stock!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemi1982

Anyone else finding it frustrating to find a bike in stock... most bike shops are saying next year.. trek even told the end of next year on some models...

been Waiting so long already 😒

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well with all what is going on supply chains are being hit very hard in some sectors. Cycling seems to be a bit worse off than others.

Last edited:

mythste

Veteran
What are you looking for? I've just ordered a relatively niche machine and I'm being told end of November/beginning of December.

Buck

Guru
I received my new bike on Thursday. I ordered it in July. When I ordered it, tHe delivery was originally stated as mid November but happy that it came early. I managed to get out on it for a shakedown maiden voyage yesterday in the sun and dry conditions. Today would have been a no go!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I was chatting to the owner of my LBS yesterday. Yes, some stock and not just bikes, is difficult to come by. In the first three months of lockdown this LBS had it's best ever trading quarter, the second three months he enjoyed his second-best ever trading quarter.

As he said if one small LBS in a small Lancashire town is experiencing this what has demand been like across the country?

Whenever I popped in during April- July one could feel the tension in the air as the pressure to get things done built.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I ordered a Trek Farley (2021 model) last Wednesday. At the time of ordering I was advised on a 3-4 week delivery timeframe. On Saturday I received an email stating 7-14 days. Fingers crossed it comes as advised and not as stated in the OP.

OP
OP
L

Leemi1982

I can find some bikes online it’s just getting the right size and trying it out is the problem with them. Im looking for a entry level road bike as I’m a beginner. I’m 5ft 8/5ft 9 inbetween sizes I’ve been told a 54 size bike and a 56 size bike from 2 different shops just to confuse things

Anyone else finding it frustrating to find a bike in stock... most bike shops are saying next year.. trek even told the end of next year on some models...

Its been a real pain this year! But look at the numbers of cyclists out and about this summer, incredible. Good luck with finding something, not sure if we will see a lot of fairly new secondhand bikes popping up when the nights close in?

cambsno

I can find some bikes online it’s just getting the right size and trying it out is the problem with them. Im looking for a entry level road bike as I’m a beginner. I’m 5ft 8/5ft 9 inbetween sizes I’ve been told a 54 size bike and a 56 size bike from 2 different shops just to confuse things

54 - I am same height.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Anyone else finding it frustrating to find a bike in stock... most bike shops are saying next year.. Trek even told the end of next year on some models...

I am back part time for that very reason, supply is so poor I am very limited to what we can offer :sad:. In normal times I'd help a customer choose a model range then advise what colour and model options we can supply. I'm lucky now if I can advise any model in any colour, more often than not it's not available and even if it is choice is very limited, "we can get this one; that's it and it looks like when that is sold the replacement stock is spring 2021".

It is understandable, there has been a huge increase in demand and manufacture has not been able keep up. Of the popular brands popular in the store I work in Trek are not as bad as most, Frog, Brompton and Cannondale are much worse; odd and I confess worrying times.

I can find some bikes online it’s just getting the right size and trying it out is the problem with them. I'm looking for a entry level road bike as I’m a beginner. I’m 5ft 8/5ft 9 inbetween sizes I’ve been told a 54 size bike and a 56 size bike from 2 different shops just to confuse things
Assume as you have referenced Trek it was the Domane AL range? At 5ft 8/5ft 9 I'd be initially suggesting a 54cm, I have just checked for you, 2021 models are all due in 2021!

Last edited:

Dan77

I've ordered from Canyon and should get it at the end of November. Would have liked it quicker but at least it's not the lead times you're talking about. Have a newly purchased turbo trainer gathering dust until it arrives.

Top Bottom