No time to die....with spoilers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So...we just saw the new Bond and I'm a little 'taken aback' by the ending. Anyone else?

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’ve not seen it but read lots about the ending. In a strange way, I feel quite sad. Bond is fantasy and in these dark times, I’d prefer a happier ending. I could join the new NACA if I wanted to be depressed.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I’ve not seen it but read lots about the ending. In a strange way, I feel quite sad. Bond is fantasy and in these dark times, I’d prefer a happier ending. I could join the new NACA if I wanted to be depressed.
I felt the same way. It's an amazing film...until it suddenly isn't.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
James Bond is just a pseudonym.
007 is just an operational number.
Im not that bothered if one 007 agent dies. There will be another.
We have seen other 00 agents die before, why should 007be different.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I was braced for disappointment, and wondered about the length but thought it a finely crafted and engaging film: witty script, fairly plausible plot (for a Bond film) with rather more twists and turns than usual, good stunts which again seemed plausible (for a Bond film) and it didn't drag despite the length. Maybe sentimental bits 5 minutes too long, but really enjoyed it.

8/10 maybe?

Last edited:
So, watched Spectre again last night .... still not the best imo. Lots of (quite good) set pieces strung together and possibly THE classic line from Ralph Fiennes ..."....and I know what C stands for. Careless!"
Looking forward to the new one though all the same ^_^

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There is a contract with the viewer in this type of film which appears to have been broken.

The thriller writer Lee Child spoke of this contract in reference to his books, which is the good guy must come out on top at the end.

Killing Craig's 007 makes sense from a continuity point of view - the next 007 will be a different person - although it creates a problem with keeping the name James Bond, unless we are to believe that is also now a transferable codename.

There may be a backlash from viewers, some may not want to see the film if they know the ending is a disappointment.

It seems to take three or four years for a new film, so I imagine all will be forgiven by the time the next one comes along.

Top Bottom