No TV Licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Was he disappointed when you told him 'no'?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A good friend of mine who has a cottage in deepest Suffolk gets plagued by the TV licensing people threatening him with prosecution because he has no Licence. He has explained several times by post that he has no TV. They still write to him yearly with the same threats.

I bought my first licence last year. I don't have a t.v. but sometimes watch things on iPlayer, which required a
Iicence as from September. 1st.
Not too bothered as I am eligible for a free one in September!

Have I mentioned that I don't have a TV?
:crazy:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't have a tv either @Marmion :tongue:
There's a dozen of them unopened letters, let them come: last time they almost tripped over the workmen doing the bathroom.
There's always something going on at mines, tv watching is not one of those things ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They still write to him yearly with the same threats.
Yearly? We used to get them monthly. Despite having a licence. We gave up telling them and waited for them to take it further, so we could have a good giggle turning up to court with our licence. They never did. After five months of increasingly menacing letters, they miss a month, then restart from the first letter again. We got two and a bit times through the loop and then they gave up. Those letters could really worry a vulnerable person and I'm surprised they're still allowed.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Just gonna jump on the bandwagon and say that I don't have a tv either. If I want to watch something, I just whack a decent dvd in my laptop. And I've have plenty of letters from TV licensing threatening a visit. I hate the way you are almost being accused of hiding a tv and not paying the licence unless they come round and prove otherwise.

Top Bottom