No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hobo

O' wise one
Not such a bad person..

Courtesy of wiki..

In 2007, Djokovic founded the Novak Djokovic Foundation. The organization's mission is to help children from disadvantaged communities to grow up and develop in stimulating and safe environments.[415] The foundation partnered with the World Bank in August 2015 to promote early childhood education in Serbia.[416][417][418] His foundation has built 43 schools and supported almost 20,800 children and a thousand families.[419][420]

He participated in charity matches with the aim of raising funds for the reconstruction of the Avala Tower, as well as to aid victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake and 2010–11 Queensland floods.[421][422][423] Starting in 2007, he has established a tradition of hosting and socializing with hundreds of Kosovo Serb children during Davis Cup matches organized in Serbia.[424] Djokovic was selected as the 2012 Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year, for his contributions through the foundation, his role as a UNICEF national ambassador and other charitable projects.[425] In August 2015, he was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.[426]

During the 2014 Balkans floods, he sparked worldwide financial and media support for victims in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Serbia.[427] After winning the 2014 Rome Masters, Djokovic donated his prize money to the flood victims in Serbia, while his foundation collected another $600,000.[427][420] Following his 2016 Australian Open victory, Djokovic donated $20,000 to Melbourne City Mission's early childhood education programm to help disadvantaged children.[428] After the COVID-19 pandemic spread to Serbia in March 2020, he and his wife announced that they will donate €1 million for the purchase of ventilators and medical equipment to support hospitals and other medical institutions.[429] He also made a donation to Bergamo, Italy‚ one of the worst-affected Italian provinces, as well as to Novi Pazar, Serbia and North Mitrovica, Kosovo.[

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Latest news is that he can also have trouble with the French Open.

Oh dear dear. What a shame. Never mind. :laugh:

6314F9E7-7835-4C86-BE57-4BE6E6CB1ACC.jpeg

I would have preferred Medvedev to have won. There's something about Nadal that I just don't like

Just glad djokovich didn't win. Out of the three formerly 20 grand slam winners I tend to think Federer, Nadal and last djokovich in the popularity stakes. Before this year I'd have put that list the other way round in the chances of going ahead in the grandslam records.

As to niceness of the guy wrt charities that's irrelevant it's his attitude in and around the game that's important. A lot of wealthy sportspeople give time and money to charities. Even playing in a few charity matches gets you value financially through positive or, the cynical part of me would say. The rest is just money given away to a foundation that looks after it all for you, also generating positive pr through the use of your name.

I am a complete cynic when it comes to rich people and charity. There's very few rich people I think are truly about the ideals of charity. If 10% of your wealth is £10 and you give it away it's a bigger deal than a £100m wealth resulting in a million pound charity cheque imho. AIUI there's very few giving serious money away compared to their wealth. The ex wife of Bezos and the Gates are the only ones to spring to mind. Of course there's the US billionaire with the surname Cuban who's selling medicines into the USA at Fraction of the price you can get them over there. $8000 medicine going for $50 on his online sales site. Apparently that's a good thing for billionaire to do rather than fly into upper atmosphere in a flying penis!

Top Bottom