No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The good thing about all this is how any thread on here about grand slams in tennis will be for fans of tennis and sport not those out for the controversy.
I don't think that is a fair statement.

On paper Novak Djokovic is the greatest tennis player ever even with the current tie with Nadal and Federer. Just google his achievements and you will see he has out gunned both his rivals and any other player.

He was kicked out not because of Tennis. He did not follow the rules that the country expected of all its visitors and of their own. It is straightforward and easily understood whether you understand Tennis or not.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Not while there are still three women with more Grand Slams than he has.
Fair point. Happy to qualify it to the Men's game.

That said, the top 3 in the Women's game have no overlap in their Slams. Compare with this period when for the majority of the time Nadal, Federer and Captain Covid have been direct competitors - there's little doubt in my mind that if even one of the 3 hadn't been around, we'd be talking of someone with 30 slams. Ifs and buts and maybes, I know :okay:

Stephenite

Membå
novax airport.jpg

Just had to... :smile:

I don't think that is a fair statement.

On paper Novak Djokovic is the greatest tennis player ever even with the current tie with Nadal and Federer. Just google his achievements and you will see he has out gunned both his rivals and any other player.

He was kicked out not because of Tennis. He did not follow the rules that the country expected of all its visitors and of their own. It is straightforward and easily understood whether you understand Tennis or not.
That comment was in response to the poster who said "who cares?" Once this has dropped out of the news cycle tennis threads can get back into discussing the sport. The controversy that non tennis fans are commenting on ends and they'll probably not be interested in normal tennis threads.

Those who do care about tennis will be left to discuss the sport. That will include djokovich in the future without controversy. He's not finished at all. Roland Garros might be difficult but Wimbledon and flushing meadow won't I reckon for djokovich. We'll see him winning this year somewhere I'm certain.

vickster

Legendary Member
He might want to get vaccinated if he plans to play in the US :okay:

Top Bottom