No Wiggo on TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
No more TdFs for Wiggins, no Vuelta, aiming high for ToP and ToB instead. This just seems sad, p0enthouse to the outhouse almost.

Maybe he is using them as the best route to world tt championship.... its not like he can now go to a gt and use it for fitness Nd drop out like others have, he will constantly be battered by media and us for now winning gt's

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wiggins seems to have done some thinking, and is sounding very mature and realistic about things now. I think adjusting his goals, going specifically for things that suit him rather than turning himself inside out to try to win things that don't makes a lot of sense. I've always thought he is the kind of guy who could win some of the less hilly spring classics too, a la Cancellara. Let's see.

Wiggins seems to have done some thinking, and is sounding very mature and realistic about things now. I think adjusting his goals, going specifically for things that suit him rather than turning himself inside out to try to win things that don't makes a lot of sense. I've always thought he is the kind of guy who could win some of the less hilly spring classics too, a la Cancellara. Let's see.
Yeh but it's not been a year since he was no1 in pro cycling!! It seems all wrong imo.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Maybe setting the stage for retirement from sport??? He's never seemed comfortable with the fame it brings and has had a great career. I too would love him to take a crack at the classics, I think he could do really well given the high sustained power output he can generate.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Sure I read he fancied rio??

May have been cav though

Top Bottom