No Wiggo on TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They wouldn't let David Millar join, David has expressed his annoyance with this in past interviews following stages.
Yes, but I believe Pedro refers to ROBERT Millar.
I did indeed mean Robert not David. No relation. ;)

I was under the impression that David Millar had a very good relationship with Brailsford and completely understood the reason for not taking him on. Brailsford had put a lot of faith in DM and helped him at several points through his career - most notably in track cycling and his drugs bust. The only bitterness i see between Millar and Sky is with Wiggins. DM never forgave Brad for leaving for Sky. Millar writes about this as a sore point in his book.

Robert Millar does appear to have an axe to grind but for what reason i find hard to fathom.

I was under the impression that David Millar had a very good relationship with Brailsford and completely understood the reason for not taking him on. Brailsford had put a lot of faith in DM and helped him at several points through his career - most notably in track cycling and his drugs bust. The only bitterness i see between Millar and Sky is with Wiggins. DM never forgave Brad for leaving for Sky. Millar writes about this as a sore point in his book.

Robert Millar does appear to have an axe to grind but for what reason i find hard to fathom.

Yes Pedro, D Millar makes that pretty clear in Racing Through The Dark. WRT Wiggins and Garmin, I think DM considered Wiggins actions almost a personal affront, and the Man Utd comments were unprofessional too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I read that D Millar and Wiggins had had a rapprochement, but if DM ever tries to take the moral highground over Wiggins behaviour then he some way to go to after doping to win races.

Milzy

Guru

Nearly spat out my tea.

thom

____
Is it my reading of it, or has this thread descended into complete round objects?
There's less rubbish at the local tip.
Tea cups aren't always round...

I thought it was in the tip since somewhere down the first page personally - Wiggo's tea leaves have the merit that they at least came close to his mouth for 5 minutes...

Milzy

Guru
2014 will be good. Should be riding to Leeds to watch them. I'm planning to emulate the stage 1 at some point too. 200 KM or so of challenging route.

Buddfox

Veteran
To be fair, as an outsider looking in, doing the Tour of Poland and Eneco Tour ahead of the World's does seem to make more sense for Wiggo than the Vuelta, which really doesn't suit him

Killiekevin

I think Wiggins personally will go down the Federer (in tennis) route in the sense he will still be there or thereabouts coming the end of the GT's (or grand slams in Fed's case) but I just think he will be dominated by younger and better riders than Wiggins is right now.

Top Bottom