No Wiggo on TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I personally don't believe what Sky are spinning RE Wiggo's departure from the Tour. Some subtle things have been said such as Froome quoted saying that Wiggins will support him 100% assuming he gets selected. Assuming he is fit enough. A very weird thing to say about the defending champion. Then there is the difference in opinions regarding Sky's leadership for the Tour. Wiggins says one thing and Froome the other. All the while Sky take their time figuring out how to deal with the situation. Could it be that they have figured it out now and this is the answer?
Bearing in mind they have lied before in an effort to control what is said in the media - think Froome attacking Wiggins in 2012 TDF. Wiggins version of this was 100% different to Sky's at the time.

I'd give decent money to be a fly on the wall on some of these team Sky meetings.

thom

____
I personally don't believe what Sky are spinning RE Wiggo's departure from the Tour. Some subtle things have been said such as Froome quoted saying that Wiggins will support him 100% assuming he gets selected. Assuming he is fit enough. A very weird thing to say about the defending champion. Then there is the difference in opinions regarding Sky's leadership for the Tour. Wiggins says one thing and Froome the other. All the while Sky take their time figuring out how to deal with the situation. Could it be that they have figured it out now and this is the answer?
Bearing in mind they have lied before in an effort to control what is said in the media - think Froome attacking Wiggins in 2012 TDF. Wiggins version of this was 100% different to Sky's at the time.
My personal opinion is Wiggins just wants a quiet cup of tea with his gran in Kilburn.
I think they'll use proper tea but pretend to be using tea bags because
1) he wouldn't want anyone think he's all high and mighty now, drinking posh tea and all that
2) only his gran is allowed to read his leaves - not even David Walsh gets that level of access

Edit : makes sense, no ?

RWright

Guru
Maybe, but i think that we are so used to seeing him perform terribly that any improvement is taken as a good sign. IMO he's miles away from contesting the top 10 @ TDF. If he gets a stage win i will ride my bike without the saddle for a week. I feel reasonably safe in the assumption that i will be able to sit down just fine after the TDF. ;)

Can we save this to our 2014 calendar? :smile:

My personal opinion is Wiggins just wants a quiet cup of tea with his gran in Kilburn.
I think they'll use proper tea but pretend to be using tea bags because
1) he wouldn't want anyone think he's all high and mighty now, drinking posh tea and all that
2) only his gran is allowed to read his leaves - not even David Walsh gets that level of access

Edit : makes sense, no ?
I'm with you. Deep. Deep man.............

beastie

Guru
They wouldn't let David Millar join, David has expressed his annoyance with this in past interviews following stages.
Yes, but I believe Pedro refers to ROBERT Millar.

Millar is repeating what others are rumouring. There's probably a grain of truth in it, especially about Wiggins missing Yates and Sutton and struggling with motivation and angst but I'm not really buying the rest.

Nope, nor me. I just can't see that Froome, and he only conjectures I know, would have the power to dictate to Team Sky such conditions well before the drop in form from Wiggo? I think it's true that form was vital to the decision don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's like it says in the article either.

Like you say, more than likely that the change in personnel have had a bigger impact.

Top Bottom