No Wiggo on TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Please stop the personal tit-for-tat and get back to discussing the topic at hand.

Thanks,
Shaun

First warning... that's a yellow card!

There were a few moments in the Spring where he didn't look completely s***. Not much I know, but it was progress from "and Schleck is off the back again!".
Yes, Schleck seemed to be riding himself steadily into form. I don't have any idea what he's capable of this year but he's definitely more on the way back than on the way out IME.
Maybe, but i think that we are so used to seeing him perform terribly that any improvement is taken as a good sign. IMO he's miles away from contesting the top 10 @ TDF. If he gets a stage win i will ride my bike without the saddle for a week. I feel reasonably safe in the assumption that i will be able to sit down just fine after the TDF. ;)

Maybe, but i think that we are so used to seeing him perform terribly that any improvement is taken as a good sign. IMO he's miles away from contesting the top 10 @ TDF. If he gets a stage win i will ride my bike without the saddle for a week. I feel reasonably safe in the assumption that i will be able to sit down just fine after the TDF. ;)
I shall bookmark this comment and perhaps will be heading over to Errol with a camera later in the summer.

Chris Norton

I think there is talk of Wiggo going for the world champs to get the rainbow jersey in the TT. Knee should be sorted out by then. I thought he may go for the Vuelta first though.

Agree with Sagen for the green, white is Betancour (who really impressed me), Nibali for the GC and Contador for the mountains. Sky will pack the top 10 and get the team competition that no-one ever seems to discuss. :smile:

And there will be 3 positive doping incidences.

Bring it on.

I think there is talk of Wiggo going for the world champs to get the rainbow jersey in the TT. Knee should be sorted out by then. I thought he may go for the Vuelta first though.

Agree with Sagen for the green, white is Betancour (who really impressed me), Nibali for the GC and Contador for the mountains. Sky will pack the top 10 and get the team competition that no-one ever seems to discuss. :smile:

Bring it on.

As long as you're sure i'll be off down the bookies tomorrow.

Hip Priest

Veteran

As if you ever ride in the saddle!

Bring it on.
Nibali not riding TDF i am afraid. So it's more likely Froome or Contador for GC..................Or Andy Schleck :rofl:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wiggins needs to get his head together. If he can do that, there's not reason why he can't come back, focus and win a few things. It's not as if he needs to prove anything whatever some of the armchair internet critics may think.

Wouldn't like to see him go the way of Cadel Evans. No offence intended to Evans but he has won a Tour and now hovers about podium places, sometimes, but mostly falls short of the year when he was the winner of the greatest race on earth.
As good as Evans still is, i find him always short of his "once" best self. It would be horrible to see Wiggins suffer the same fate. Even though Evans has had a more successful road race career than Wiggins, i expected Wiggins to continue his winning ways for several years to come and become one of cycling's greats.

Top Bottom