No Wiggo on TDF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We won't see him the rest of the season then he'll quietly retire.
and become a commentator alongside Liggett?

He's one rider out of a 180, I'm disappointed he won't be defending his title, always thought it was a strange old decision anyway, not to, that is and go for the Giro, which he described as pure hell.

In the meantime.....Is Froome as Canny as Beefy Bert or will he choke when the steaks are high. Can Cav grapple Greipel in the sprints and sail past Sagan to the Green. Will Voeckler bite his tongue off in a crash, can Geraint Thomas (if chosen), stay on his bike, all this and more, await us and we even get some clues in the upcoming Crit and Tour de Suise.

Unlcky Brad but we'll see you at the end of the season...

He's one rider out of a 180, I'm disappointed he won't be defending his title, always thought it was a strange old decision anyway, not to, that is and go for the Giro, which he described as pure hell.

In the meantime.....Is Froome as Canny as Beefy Bert or will he choke when the steaks are high. Can Cav grapple Greipel in the sprints and sail past Sagan to the Green. Will Voeckler bite his tongue off in a crash, can Geraint Thomas (if chosen), stay on his bike, all this and more, await us and we even get some clues in the upcoming Crit and Tour de Suise.

Unlcky Brad but we'll see you at the end of the season...
All good questions! Though i am inclined to think that the Green will be going to a hybrid sprint come climbing machine named Sagan. The reason i say this is there are just too many so called sprint stages with reasonable climbs between the start and the finish. Cav and Greipel will struggle over such terrain. This Tour is not one for the sprinters imo.

Sagan for Green for me. Whilst i am here i will pick Froome for the GC and Quintana for the mountains. Young rider to Betancour.

I might not put any money on that though..............:whistle:

oldroadman

Veteran
Brad was pretty unwell in the Giro, and that dragged him down. For those who may not know, training at a level to prepare for a GT with tendonitis is not a clever move, and active rest plus a lot of treatment is a route to recovery. What you don't do is risk a career for the sake of a race, however important it might be.
Starting a GT as a podium prospect in less than 100% condition will overstress old injuries, and so it goes on, back to overstress injury, a couple of wet days, leaving the race, fingers pointing. Not good.
BW and Sky have made the correct decision. Later in the year or in 2014 - when the TdF starts in UK - should be a different story. Meanwhile I just wish Brad all the best for a full recovery to top form, howvere long that might take.

100% agree that if Wiggo has tendonitis then Sky and BW have made the only and correct decision. No one in their right mind should question that.
The question i think that people are/were asking is wether it is the genuine reason for Wiggo's departure from the Tour.
The only people that know that just now are Sky and Bradley Wiggins.

We had sky news on tv last night at lunchtime and the reporter described Wiggins not riding the TdF as a 'failure'. Maybe a bit harsh coming from his own sponsor. That'll no do his confidence any good at a'

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
If wiggins does have tendonitis all his talk beofre the Giro was a load of shoot and he was telling lies to the fans, also if he did have that i doubt sky would have made him number 1 in the Giro...I don`t belive he injured

Milzy

Guru
Some really dumb comments on here. He hasn't been picked because he hasn't been able to train. Plus he bottles it on the downs. I don't see what the fuss is about. Now Froome can have his chance without leaving team sky. Nothing is worse than Cadel Evens chin.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think Andy Shleck might make a come back. He has been very quiet in the last few months to take media pressure off him . I think he will come good in the mountains and surprised a few.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Some really dumb comments on here. He hasn't been picked because he hasn't been able to train. Plus he bottles it on the downs. I don't see what the fuss is about. Now Broom can have his chance without leaving team sky. Nothing is worse than Cadel Evens chin.

Is this post akin to a self fulfilling prophecy?

Top Bottom