Nod and smile ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Off road bikers do not wave at their " Valentino Rossi " Counterparts.

As Mtbers do not wave at their " Bertie Contador " Counterparts.

Its a class thing ! Or should I say a no class thing :becool:

Yeah I noticed ;)

Where does that leave those with a foot in both camps, looking down quickly to remind themselves what they're riding first I guess :biggrin:

There were so many cyclists out there on Sunday, it would have been a stretch to wave at everyone in all honesty. Personally, I kinda nod at *nearly* everyone, but don't get offended if anyone does not nod back. I know for sure there's times when I am absorbed with some issue or other, that I fail to acknowledge other people until they're well past.

colly

Re member eR
I wave and or say hello to all and sundry. Doens't always get a response but mostly it does.

About a month ago I came up behind a guy dressed in work clothes riding hybrid type bike. When he came into view he was maybe 100 yds ahead and I was making ground on him. He rounded a bend and when I did too he was almosut of sight up the the small but sharpish incline that followed.
I carried on and eventually caught up with him going down to a bridge across a river. I passed him as we got to the bridge said ''evening'' as I passed and he said nothing.
Over the flat bridge and there is a 300yd climb about 10%. I had some speed so as I started up I changed down and , bang, missed a gear or two, sorted it out in a second or so and carried on out the saddle. Up comes matey on his bike whizzes past me returns the 'evening' with a laugh in his voice and bombs away leaving me for dead.

Long live battery assisted bikes!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

screenman

Legendary Member
I find I am far more likely to get a nod back from somebody wearing a helmet, just my observations since starting to look into helmet wearing habits. Now this might purely be a demographic type of thing, or that helmet wearers are by nature more sociable.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
it could be screenman that non helmet wearers are less sociable and possibly much more argumentative , before anyone responds, thats not based on fact but is my own experience
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom