Nod and smile ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
if in blacpool it would have to be a 'kiss me quick' hat eh?
whistling.gif

bongofury66

It's a bit more sinister than that these days -- i think 'shag me quick' is possibly more the rage these days. We won't go there eh? lol
if in blacpool it would have to be a 'kiss me quick' hat eh?
whistling.gif

bongofury66

Exactly.lol. I remember seeing an interview with some long bearded guy who was still riding in his late nineties who attributed his long life and remarkable health to cycling 60+ miles a day (apart for the Sabbath), and NO 'monkey business'. I do the same, but I don't cycle anywhere as near as far as that or as regularly, however I feel like sh*t, half the time. :laugh:

General rule of thumb for me now is that that if they are wearing reflective shades, irrespective of their bike type, I ignore them unless they speak first. Been caught out too many times. Mind you, I was returning to my home town after a blast to Bridgnorth last year on my road bike. I'd been up at the crack of dawn and it was still very early. A roadie club were getting set for their ride, all assembled, but mostly dismounted, at the roadside. Every one of 'em had their eyes trained on me as I approached. I shouted a cheery "Good Morning", and not a one of 'em replied. Not a smile, wave, nod or word. Just cold stares as I went past. There must have been 12-15 of 'em. All heartless, ignorant feckers. "Well, that's club-riding out for me then", I thought. So I've now added club/group riders to the "give a miss" list....................:blush:

consett k

always give a mornin or an alreet when im out on the cycle tracks to others users. most respond in some sort of way those who dont are normally long gone to hear me mutter "miserable twat" dosent cost anything to be courteous.

bongofury66

Nice to know that you share the same phraseology as me in those circumstances. Maybe it is a northern thing.
always give a mornin or an alreet when im out on the cycle tracks to others users. most respond in some sort of way those who dont are normally long gone to hear me mutter "miserable twat" dosent cost anything to be courteous.

Shrimp_Stu

Rule of thumb to me is that everyone gets a good morning....although I've noticed a pattern that anyone in a group (I ride alone(!)) ignores me....every week I see the same 5-8 riders in a bunch around the lanes and they ignore me...normally if I'm ignored I say a couple of "choice" words after we've passed. No excuse for ignorance in my book
:tongue::tongue::laugh::hello:

VamP

Banned
It's fairly mixed round my parts, but yesterday on a jaunt through South Downs, I would say 9 out of 10 would nod or say hi.

I guess that's road bikes though. MTBer's were less likely to say hello. Must be a class distinction :biggrin:

lukesdad

Off road bikers do not wave at their " Valentino Rossi " Counterparts.

As Mtbers do not wave at their " Bertie Contador " Counterparts.

Its a class thing ! Or should I say a no class thing :becool:

Top Bottom