Non-spikey flat pedals for turbo trainer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Any recommendations for some flat pedals that won't chew up running shoes.

Just taken delivery of a Qubo Power Fluid TTand whilst I am happy to use it with a set of SPD's I'd rather use my running shoes that I wear on the treadmill so that I can swap between one and the other without hassle.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Can't you just clip in those little plastic platforms that come with SPD pedals ...

s-l640.jpg

Or would those chew up your trainers too?

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

Can't you just clip in those little plastic platforms that come with SPD pedals ...

View attachment 426032
Or would those chew up your trainers too?

Thanks for that.

I should have said my spare bike will be permanently connected to the trainer so I just need a flat pedal solution for it as I won't be using my SPD equipped best bike on it.

I could buy more SPD's and use those thingy's that I've never seen before and I've had a few sets of SPD pedals over the last few years. Should they come with them? M520's and PD A600's.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks for that.

I should have said my spare bike will be permanently connected to the trainer so I just need a flat pedal solution for it as I won't be using my SPD equipped best bike on it.

I could buy more SPD's and use those thingy's that I've never seen before and I've had a few sets of SPD pedals over the last few years. Should they come with them? M520's and PD A600's.
You can buy the platforms separately but I'm fairly sure that I got a pair with all the SPD pedals that I bought in the past. Your best bet though if you want some is to ask nicely in the 'Wanted' forum on CC. I gave away a spare set to someone on the forum a while back. I'm sure that will be lots of them languishing in spares boxes in garages/sheds/cellars round the country!

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for that.

M520s don't come with the platform. And a600 are small metal pedals, they won't chew your shoes but they'll hurt your feet after a while through a trainer sole.

These attach to SPDs if you can't get the Shimano ones

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bbb-bpd-90-feetrest-spd-pedal-adaptors

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

There's not actually many pedals without spikes these days. Something like these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mks-gr-9-platform-pedals/

Great minds...... :smile:

Top Bottom