Non stick or normal pans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangaman

Take where, Domestique?

If you're a bit cramped for space I'd go normal every time. If you're cooking over an open fire they'll develop a non-stickness automatically. No need to go mental and scratch of all black deposits off normal pans - they are sterile (once heated) and act as a non-stick surface - that's what the Chinese do with woks

Non-stick material will be quickly scraped and you'll have the worst of both worlds

Bigtwin

Whilst all that is true, I'd take a non-sticker and a wooden spoon - all you need. I got some non-stick Trangia pans in a bargain bin - they are fab - you can just clean them with a tuft of long grass, rince, and your're done.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My normal trangia cookware has never been a problem to clean apart from the time I burnt some porridge in one of the pans. There's no fear of scratching the non stick surfaces if there's none to damage :biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
You can get sticky porridge off the inside of pans by simmering water in them for a little while. My cheap non-stick pan became very 'normal' very quickly.

willem

Über Member
My Trangia set has normal cooking pans but a non stick frying pan. Non stick is heavier, but it is really very convenient for a frying pan (and better for your health as you will use less fat). I see no real advantage for the other pans.
Willem

Top Bottom