Non techie cycling food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep I know you can get various tubes/injections of stuff for the performance crowd, and I do use maltodextrin powder on long rides, but what do folk recommend/use for a more solid boost - stuff that you can get your teeth into from normal shops?

I have started using these from Lidl lately.

sealed in separate packets, 2 in each, so very handy.

Quite tasty - a fair amount of useful calories.

Also good with my roadside espresso brews.

I used to use a selection of LIdl's various breakfast cakes/goods, but find these handier/better packed/more compact.

Baldy

Über Member
Flapjacks.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Flapjacks.
which?
The bought (as opposed to home-made - I do a sort of thing myself) ones I often find rather pricey for what they are - and tending to make claims for healthiness which I find somewhat unconvincing - unlike my lidl waffles which I think make no claims to be health food.

Sausage rolls
Fig rolls
Ham rolls
Cheese and pickle rolls

Avoid
Anything meltable rolls

Allergies allowing, nuts are good (salted in hot-weather - obvs). Flapjacks with high nut content are good, if rare outside of our kitchen!

I mainly stick to savoury stuff like (mini) pork pies et al mentioned upthread, and also TUC biscuits (they're quite robust).

If I fancy sweeter stuff, apricots are good as one of the few fruits you can eat whole and slip down nicely. Or the faithful backup - for sale everywhere - jelly babies.

Top Bottom