Non techie cycling food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
on peanut butter, if I've temporarily run out of my homemade snack, which has a fair amount of peanut butter in it, or other handy stuff, I sometimes shove in the panniers a plastic tub of peanut butter, a plastic knife for spreading and some rice cakes.
I read a lot of books and one of them was by a guy cycling across USA. His staple food seemed to be peanut butter. I like peanut butter but in moderation. Need to search my kindle to find it which is not easy as some books seem to have vanished.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
bm bargains had flapjacks in for 79 p in the section with the energy bars
call me mean but I rate that as expensive - prefer my homemade stuff - I can wolf down loads of manufactured flapjacks to get any sort of boost - and I reckon there's often some pretty dodgy stuff in them.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
or available in village shops 😃
Where I used to ride around the north of Scotland it can be a long, long way to a village which may or may not have a shop. We arrived in Portree on Skye once on a Thursday to discover nearly everything was shut as it was a "Fast Day". There was only a baker open who only had gingerbread left which had to do until we got to the hostel at Staffin. This would have been early 1950's but I do have a record of it somewhere in a journal I kept.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I normally eat sandwiches bought at any pit stop, but I do have a penchant for white chocolate and macadamia nut Clif bars so there's always one in my bag.

presta

Guru
Sandwiches & biscuits mostly.

It's wise to avoid fat:
"Increasing fat intake inhibits carb utilisation and accelerates the onset of exhaustion. Subjects can run 70% longer before exhaustion on a high carb diet compared with high fat." Kreider, Fry, O’Toole: Overtraining in Sport, P282.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Sandwiches & biscuits mostly.

It's wise to avoid fat:
"Increasing fat intake inhibits carb utilisation and accelerates the onset of exhaustion. Subjects can run 70% longer before exhaustion on a high carb diet compared with high fat." Kreider, Fry, O’Toole: Overtraining in Sport, P282.
isn't there a lot of fat in most biscuits?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Eating anything with a drink of your choice is the perfect thing.

Top Bottom