Non techie cycling food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Milkshakes
Mine bring all the boys to the yard....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Cake in cycling parlance really just means stuffing your face (with anything) I thought?
Possibly. A long as it's not cake, I'm happy. I learned, long ago, that it's not a good idea for me to have a beer a few miles from the end of a 60 mile ride. My legs ceased to function and I didn't have a KitKat to pull a Cavendish-style finish out of the hat.

ade towell

1626951976481.png

Keeping on the Lidl waffle tip I find a few of these will keep me going on a long ride, easy to stash in back pocket or saddle bag

Mike_P

Guru
Due to a wheat allergy normally assorted gluten free nut etc bars or equally expensive flapjacks, usually scoffed at hourly intervals.

yello

Whatever they sell at the shop/petrol station/bakers I stop at!

Seriously though, I don't (or didn't) fuel a ride of under around 50km. Just a couple of bidons of water was all I'd take. Above that, maybe a jam sandwich wrapped and put in my pocket, or maybe a flapjack if I'd made some. Stopping somewhere for a coffee and a casse-croute was an important part of my ride.

Punkawallah

Über Member
Normal 40 mile run is fueled by banana, oat cereal bar (Lidl), apple, tangerine.

And the coffee/brownie hit part way :-)

Top Bottom