None of my mates are allowed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Remember when I was a kid. I get a knock on the door
"Hey mustang, wanna go for a ride?"
"Yeah!"
And that was it.

These days, adults are too scared to just go on a whim and everything has to be "scheduled" (usually with the SO).
Not if your mum said your tea would be ready soon you couldn't :headshake:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I go out all the time on my todd,my pace my route etc love it.but Im impulsive and hate routine..
the few in a group rides are also ok but so many different skill and fitness levels it can be a chore or a "im about to have a coronary" sort of day. Son in law and myself seem to do ok but I need to be up for the chase with him..

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
@Cuchilo are you a member of a club? Must be a way to increase your pool of cycling mates. There are lots around SW London. You'll need one to use that TT Bike presumably
Not really a club person and not needed for tt although I guess you get to do a lot more if youre a member .

Biscuitfrisky

My friend refuses to cycle, he is a runner with bad knees and told him cycling would help him keep his fitness whist taking the pressure off his knee.
Not having it though, apparently he will die via lorry as soon as he gets on a bike.

I often thought it odd we get loners on a forum.

I do most of my riding alone, it just fits in easier with work, family and all the other bits.

I meant a cycling loner. I haven't shunned the whole of society!
I just gradually got sick of accommodating other people all the time.
I now mainly only cycle alone even to the extent of doing a short solo tour last spring. I do cycle in a group now and then but nearly all of my cycling this year has been me on me todd. I pick where I go, when I do it and the pace is entirely my own.
I'm not a miserable b*****d or a basket case, I don't require the help of the Samaritans nor do I need to see a doctor. I visit the forum because I'm a cyclist and its good to see the experiences, views etc of other cyclists.

Top Bottom