Nonsense article of the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Drop handlebars from 1972?

This guy seriously doesn't know what he's talking about.

U

User32269

Can't wait to get home and tell the kids I'm a hipster.
Get me and my drop handlebars!

Drago

Legendary Member
Spandex came before the Lyrca revolution, apparently. Interesting, because Spandex is simply Lycra by another name.

The author is a bit of a chump.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think the fixed wheel bicycle may possibly pre-date the 1990s and even the 1890s.

Either that or Claud Butler were way ahead of the game with the 1935 fixed wheel bike I owned for a while!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
I think the fixed wheel bicycle may possibly pre-date the 1990s and even the 1890s.

Either that or Claud Butler were way ahead of the game with the 1935 fixed wheel bike I owned for a while!
If you read the article properly, you'll see he isn't saying the fixed wheel was invented in the 1990s, rather that it found an unlikely new niche. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but it sounds plausible to me.

As for the Eddy Merckx one, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a new handlebar designed for his hour attempt, and that could be the truth hiding behind the inaccuracies in this case.

In general I think you're all being a bit quick to ridicule what is clearly meant to be a pro-cycling article.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
If you read the article properly, you'll see he isn't saying the fixed wheel was invented in the 1990s, rather that it found an unlikely new niche. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but it sounds plausible to me.

As for the Eddy Merckx one, I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a new handlebar designed for his hour attempt, and that could be the truth hiding behind the inaccuracies in this case.

In general I think you're all being a bit quick to ridicule what is clearly meant to be a pro-cycling article.
I think the key to the ridicule is the size of the delta between the title, and the actual impact on cycling on most of the 12 things listed.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

So tell us about the design of this handlebar that makes it different to what the rest of us were using at the time

Merckx.png

Merckx on his standard track bike.

Top Bottom