Norco Indie 3 2015 Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just picked up one of these from the dump for a tenner. Very neglected. Pretty light!
Might fix up, but if not, definitely good for some robbing for converting the Scott to flat bar.
Will get some pics up shortly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just picked up one of these from the dump for a tenner. Very neglected. Pretty light!
Might fix up, but if not, definitely good for some robbing for converting the Scott to flat bar.
Will get some pics up shortly.
Be aware that you might find a roadbike is too small once converted to flats. I found that exact problem. A friend 4 inches shorter than me now owns the converted bike that was right for me with drops

Understood. I may well get away with it, because the Scott is really a bit big...
I may yet do it up. But I think conversion of the Scott is looking good at the moment. Nice bar, correct shifters/brake levers, even the chainset I was going to get.
Here's some pics.

Taped to the top tube was a ratty old carrier bag with a brand new Schwalbe tube and two "tyre levers"...
For some obscure reason, my phone has lost the pic of the whole bike - I'll add one later! *Added*

Last edited:
Definitely starting to lean toward fix-up.
Presumably I can clean the discs with wire wool or similar, so long as I'm gentle.
Specs I can find all say hydraulic brakes, but they're definitely mechanical, and frankly, that's probaly an easier restoration job.
Considering selling the Trek to fund the work, as I don't actually have the space for three bikes...dammit.

si_c

Guru
For the discs just get some isopropyl or rubbing alcohol and give them a good wipe. Also worth giving the pads a clean with the same. You'll need to bed them in again after.

Will fir new pads, I think. New chain, all cables, and new tyres. All that's really wrong with it is that it's been left outside with flat tyres. Just needs a lot of TLC.
Definitely going to fix it up, and I'll find a way to keep all three bikes...
:biggrin:

Further detailed investigation shows that although the colour seems wrong, this bike is a 2011 model, which explains just how neglected it has been.
So it's going to be a good deal more of a rebuild, I fear. All the above to fix, plus new wheel and headset bearings, and a set of Avid B77s...And a new FD, which, being an Altus, shouldn't cost an lot.

Another good think about this, and the realisation that it really needs far more work than I thought, means I'm going back to the idea of using parts for converting the Scott to flat-bar.
As the Scott already has a triple chainring set-up, will the front DR need changing to match the thumb shifter? It's a Sora triple rig.

Top Bottom