Nordlicht Dynamo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RMurphy195

A couple of years ago I had to replace my worn-out dynamo.

After researching the market I purchased a very nice Nordlicht dynamo with a grippy rubber roller, and very well it worked too on the few occasions when I used it.

Now however the rubber roller is perishing/cracking. So I enquired after a replacement. But the only one I could find was on Ebay at a horrendous price taking into account postage from Germany.

Dutch bike bits (who I always find to be helpful, and give good service) inform me that Nordlicht have gone out of production, and that the rollers (both the rubber and metal ones) are no longer available (their supplies dwindled very quickly).

So if you are thinking of buying one of these otherwise excellent dynamos (esp used off Ebay!) you might want to bear this in mind and make sure you can find a substitute for the roller.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Can the roller be refaced, what I mean is can you make another "tyre" for the roller out of some thin dense rubber. We used to make rubber seals out of rubber tubing by measuring the old seal then cutting a length of rubber tubing and super glueing the ends together to for the seal, they lasted indefinitely.

I am down to my last rolo. It may be possible to mould your own. Sugru seems to lack wear resistance. A US product, Versamold seems to be tougher. I can't find a UK source, is there an equiv product?
Are there any toy wheel tyres that fit?

Top Bottom