North American Handmade Bike Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Well worth looking through the exhibitors list at the following URL for some serious and stunning hand made bikes...

2013.handmadebicycleshow.com/exhibitors/

A taster is shown below :-

English_Cycles_006_3070-1024x682.jpg

English_Cycles_001_2632-1024x682.jpg

Calfee-Bamboo-Pro-ENVE-Smart-System-and-Hemp-BarStem-1024x681.jpg

9er-Tandem-with-Calfee-Di2-Internal-Battery-and-Wiring-System-for-MTB-and-Dual-BarStems-1024x528.jpg

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

The bikes which won all the awards can be found at the following URL :-

http://2013.handmadebicycleshow.com/2013-nahbs/2013-nahbs-awards/2013-nahbs-awards-winners/

Some serious craftsmanship on some of those bikes, things of beauty imho :thumbsup:

Ningishzidda

The British Hand Made Bicycle Awards stopped years ago due to lack of interest, because Tom Crowther won every year.

Ningishzidda

That's a real shame we should cherish our craftsmen and women

I was really hoping that comment would start a ‘Best British hand built bike’ discussion with lots of photos of ornate lugwork and curly stays.
Mind you, any group of people who organise a 'best ,,,, ' competition are displaying an inferiority complex.
Being the inventors of the diamond frame bike, we've no need to organise such a competition.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

I meant its a shame that we do not support our craftsmen and women as much as they seem to in the US

thom

____
I meant its a shame that we do not support our craftsmen and women as much as they seem to in the US
Wise words from a Venge owner... ^_^

I do think the "hand built" bike scene is perhaps a bit over egged. To the extent it is about marketing the provenance of a bike, its slightly xenophobic. It is great to have a custom made bike but to the vast majority of people, mass produced bikes hand built abroad (all bike frames are hand built somewhere right) offer great function and value for money.

In any case, perhaps you should have a visit to bespoked, the UK version.

Top Bottom