North Coast 500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loopybike

Veteran
Anyone done it?

My father in law is doing it just before Easter. Its a big thing for him. Let me explain
A couple of years ago he set out to do the Lajog. He got as far as Bristol when he knew something wasn't right. He had to give up and come home. After some tests he found out he had prostrate cancer. No bloody wonder he was struggling!
He has beaten the cancer now, and wants to try again. However his girlfriend says, very firmly, "NO"
So we have come up with a plan. ...

I'm borrowing a campervan and I'm going to be his support crew for the North Coast 500. His girlfriend is happy, he's very happy and I'm booking 2 weeks off work!
We are starting on the 12th April.

Wish us luck! Oh did I mention he's 75?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
ive done it - tell him to get ready for some hills ! big steep hills - fantastic scenery though

Have done parts of it, mainly before it was given a name and a marketing budget, and it's really stunning.
With luck, starting that early in the year will give him a good quiet run before the motoring tourists arrive. More power to his pedals!

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
I hope he gets good weather going up Bealach Na Ba, it truly is stunning and I don`t think anything in Britain compares to it. It just goes on and and on and on....

I`ve done it three times and each time the weather was excellent, my mate did it once and couldn`t see a thing!

Davos87

Guru
If you look on YouTube there’s some great videos of a guy called MrDazP doing it over 4 days.
Looks stunning but a toughie
Wish you all every success.

Top Bottom