North Sea Cycle Route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gila

Hi,
I'm in Germany, getting ready for my cycle tour through England, and I don't know any overnight accommodations - other than youth hostels. Does anyone know some inexpensive bed and breakfasts along the route? I am starting in Harwich and going North, leaving Germany on July 2.

Gila

OP
OP
G

Gila

Thanks, Crackle. I know about the youth hostels, but there aren't so many along the North Sea coast. So, I thought someone might recommend some bed and breakfasts or inexpensive hotels...

Gila

mcr

Veteran
The CTC lists a limited number of B&Bs etc that welcome cyclists - not nearly as comprehensive as the German Bett&Bike scheme, I'm afraid, but may have places where you need them. Alternatively, Google for bed and breakfasts in the counties you're travelling through and various directories should present themselves (theses places won't necessarily offer things like cycle storage that the CTC-recommended ones usually do). UK B&Bs vary wildly in price, and some can be as much as a hotel, so choose carefully (you'll be lucky if you can find anything for less than £25, especially if you're travelling alone). There are also a couple of cheap hotel chains - Travelodge or Premier Inn - which often do good deals, but may not be where you want them (usually urban, or motorway junctions etc).

Gila said:
Thanks, Crackle. I know about the youth hostels, but there aren't so many along the North Sea coast. So, I thought someone might recommend some bed and breakfasts or inexpensive hotels...

Gila

These are not Youth Hostels as such. Some of them offer B&B style accommodation as well as Hostel accommodation as they are independent to the Hostel association, you just need to look in the area you are going to check what's available.

Top Bottom