North Yorkshire End of Term Blast 21st July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Oh what a disaster! @woodenspoons there is definitely room for you as it looks like you are now the only participant apart from Al and I. Northern Rail are a total catastrof***k of a company and totally unfit for purpose. I can't even remember the last time i caught a train that was on time. @ColinJ and @Littgull - I'm sure we will meet up again soon.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
@woodenspoons - meeting place will be the market square. Knaresborough is tinytown - you can't miss it!

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Ha! I planned to catch a train from York! And that’s a Northern service.....
At least I learned the word catastrof**k, which I will use often when planning train-based escapes, if I may?
Watching brief, and maybe I’ll join you. My Other Half works at Henshaw’s, so I’m familiar with Tiny Town.
ATB
‘Spoons

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Billy No Mates Forum Ride!!!
Undeterred by circumstances meaning that no one was able to join us, @Almartino and I went out anyway. Due to an end of term bottle of wine being consumed last night, we set off at 10.30am and cut off the Ripon to Ripon loop making a ride of 43 miles instead of the planned 65. Took my new camera out with me for a practice before our holiday. No idea who the chap in red is chasing Al up the hill and the photos don't do justice to how beautiful the moors are up on the tops - I will have to work on my technique!
IMG_3972.JPG
IMG_3975.JPG
IMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3974.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3977.JPG
IMG_3973.JPG

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Do it again some time when the trains are running and @Littgull is free and I'm sure we would come out to join you.

I should have been on the ball with this thread, but as I was working & couldn't make it, I didn't follow. The RMT suspended the strike action a while ago :blush: so it was a 'normal' train service today. There are a few weeks of talks planned, so fingers crossed they come to some agreement re keeping guards/conductors (or whatever they want to call the 2nd safety critical person) It certainly doesn't look like there will be any further strike dates over the next month or so, unless the talks breakdown of course :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sorry that I missed the 'end of term blast'. Maybe some of you would care to join a few of us on THIS RIDE from Harrogate on Friday, 24th August?

Top Bottom