Northwave Celsius 2 GTX winter boots - initial review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al3xsh

Über Member
This winter I have really been suffering with cold feet - to the extent it has been putting me off riding. On the recommendation of a friend I have been looking at these for a while, but was put off by the price tag (£160!). Finally they came down in price in the sale at wiggle (was £84.99 now £99.99) - and they are awesome! Last week I rode in subzero temperatures, and everything else was freezing apart from my toes!

I went for the 45 (same size as my shimano shoes) and there is plenty of room for a couple of pairs of decent thick socks. I probably could have managed with a 44, so it might be worth trying both if you are small in one size. They are pretty bulky, but that's to be expected. They seem comfy on the two rides I've been on wearing them, and they seem like they will last (certainly better than my overshoes!).

I would highly recommend them!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I very nearly went for them, but I went for the Shimano MW7's - should arrive tomorrow. Only reason is I know in Shimano and Lake I take a 44 and in Spesh it's a 43. I got them for about £120 from CRC with BC's 10% off.

The Northwaves have great reviews.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Love my Spesh Defroster winter boots. You can't beat them for keeping your tootsies warm. Yes they do weigh more then my normal shoes. But hey I ain't no Froome Dog.

For extreme cold temperatures, the boots worn with a pair of SealSkinz socks, no cold is going to get to my tootsies.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have Northwave Celcius boots (not sure what model) and recommend them highly. On a cold day I use them with chemical footwarmers and they stave off the cold for a few hours. The only annoying feature is that the velcro always grabs hold of my woolly socks when I put them on. Not really a problem, but makes me swear a bit.

400bhp

Guru
I've had a pair for about 4 years now. Possibly the best bit of clothing I've bought for the bike. Great for commuting - dead easy to clean, reasonably lght for their size and easy to walk around in.

I have the feeling they have lost some of their waterproofness now? They are a bugger to get dry. Takes me up to two days with a pair of socks filled with rice and put in the airing cupboard.

OP
OP
al3xsh

al3xsh

Über Member
Love my Spesh Defroster winter boots. You can't beat them for keeping your tootsies warm. Yes they do weigh more then my normal shoes. But hey I ain't no Froome Dog.

For extreme cold temperatures, the boots worn with a pair of SealSkinz socks, no cold is going to get to my tootsies.

I considered them, but could only find them at full price!

Top Bottom