NorthWave GoreTex boots, replacement laces

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
Has anybody managed to source replacement laces for NorthWave GoreTex boots ? Mine have snapped, and the inner core is too thin to be grabbed by the clip.

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a Boa System, well impressed by the Lake wide fit shoes I got at the start of summer. Maybe there's an Xmas present on the Horizon ;-)

20181129_183337.jpg

jiberjaber

Veteran
I would have thought if you took the lace to a local haberdashery shop they would be able to match something suitable from their range of laces etc.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Bought a pair of conventional (but reflective) laces off Amazon just last week for my Lidl spd shoes. Plenty of complicated lace systems available too.

Old jon

Guru
Local haberdashery shop? You mean the one run by the kindly old lady?

Is this the 1950s? No one has a local haberdashery shop any more. It's now either a poundland, a fried chicken takeaway with a jokey name, or a charity shop.

I must be no one cubed. Three that I know of in that many miles. Dunno if they sell bootlaces though.

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
Couldn't get boot laces threaded, the eyes are incredibly hard to thread, managed to get some small diameter paracord threaded last night, and just about remembered how to do up laces ;-)

Have ordered some braided fishing line (0.6mm) which I think will be easier to thread (with a blunt needle) and should fit the lazy do up attachments.

Was drooling over some Lake MXZ203 wide fits last night, but being honest with myself, the NorthWave's are only 5 years old and still have plenty of life in them ;-)

jiberjaber

Veteran
Local haberdashery shop? You mean the one run by the kindly old lady?

Is this the 1950s? No one has a local haberdashery shop any more. It's now either a poundland, a fried chicken takeaway with a jokey name, or a charity shop.

Try your local indoor market or move to a place that has a haberdashery shop just in case you ever need one?? :laugh:

saiadave

I contacted Northwave last winter , they told me to order replacement laces through my local bike shop. Only took a week after ordering and I had a full set of laces for my Northwave Celsius boots , easy to replace as well. I think they cost around £5

Top Bottom