England : Cambridgeshire Not a Christmas Friday Night ride - 11th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I could do that pace.........I have done that pace......

But I'd rather keep the less fast people company :smile:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Does that mean you will be getting back to London at about 4-30?

No. As stated above, we go at a leisurely pace, as it's not a race. I'd also factor in about an hour for the half way stop, plus of course time for re-groups, a bit of star gazing, watering the plants, or anything else that takes anyone's fancy. I'd expect to get to central London just after 7:30 am.

Does that mean you will be getting back to London at about 4-30?
Hi @derrick
While this is not an official FNRttC ride, it's done in that style, which is what @Flying Dodo was referring to when he said
Yes folks, it's time for another unofficial night ride. Except this time it's not going to the coast although there is some water, and it's a bit before Christmas, and it ends in London. It is on a Friday night though and we do stop at an airport.... Usual caveats apply: It's not a race and we'll stop for re-groups...
Try it, you might like it!

rb58

Enigma
Diary checked. Clear. Although we are going to listen to Handel's Messiah at the RAH on the Sunday, but I'm sure I could sleep through that without too much problem. So, I'm probable.

rb58

Enigma
Now. These 'trains' you talk of. Do I need a cycle reservation on that line? And any recommendation which website best to get those super discounted tickets from? Cheers.

Diary checked. Clear. Although we are going to listen to Handel's Messiah at the RAH on the Sunday, but I'm sure I could sleep through that without too much problem. So, I'm probable.

I did fall asleep during a performance of this in Ely Cathedral,in my defence I was on nights at the time(never again-working nights that is).

frank9755

Cyclist
I thought of riding up if it was a decent evening. But it's just ocurred to me that it would be dark, so might be a bit much.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I'd like to know that too. A cursory look seems to suggest it would cost me about £55 in fares!

Possibly because the train web sites will get you going into Victoria, and then getting the tube across London. That bit on its own is £39 just for a single (before applying any railcard discount) or the cost to return home on Saturday. Far better to break it down into sections. So Brighton to Blackfriars returning on the Saturday is £31.20. Then it's a 10 minute cycle to Liverpool Street Station where a single to Cambridge can be had for £6. So if you add on the railcard discount, the entire trip should be about £25 total.

Weirdly all singles from Liverpool st to Ely are over £25 but get a two singles(l'pool st-Camb,Camb-Ely) and you can do it for about a tenner:scratch:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
alas i will on hols in norfolk then so can't join you.
this is a shame, as IMO this is exactly the sort of fresh thinking and new route the FNRttC members would enjoy. an evening pottering round the sights of Cambridge then some pleasant riding in countryside, followed by a Huge Breakfast and rounding that off with a short, no-beer session at LMNH would be nice. Rounding it off with a long, beery, cheery session would be even nicer.

Reactions: srw
Top Bottom