Not again !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
After 2 operations already this year(spine and rip replacement) i now have terrible pain on inside on knee with pain radiating up to outer theigh. I will see doc if pain persists but cannot face anther op. Anybody had similar?

sight-pin

Veteran
My wife had total hip surgery last month and a spinal lumber fusion decompression L1-L5 plus extra last July.
She's still in her support socks at the mo, finished the anti coagulate injections last week.

vickster

Legendary Member
Has the pain just started?
Are you walking normally after the other ops or still hobbling around or using crutches? Good be a reaction to that

Have you fallen or twisted the knee? Can you bend and straighten it (even if it hurts)

Is the knee also arthritic? Does the pain go away with meds or ice?

OP
OP
s7ephanie

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
pain started a few days ago, havent done anything like fallen or twisted it and it hurts when i straighten leg, pain does get better after a couple of paracetamals

vickster

Legendary Member
pain started a few days ago, havent done anything like fallen or twisted it and it hurts when i straighten leg, pain does get better after a couple of paracetamals
How old are you? Is the knee arthritic? Could be a degenerate meniscus tear or a loose body? Is it noticeably swollen? Probably get it checked by Dr and get a scan if needed.

RICE will hopefully help, emphasis on the rest. Good that it responds to fairly mild pain meds

Last edited:
Top Bottom