Not all cyclist's use their brain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
strangely, i find it the other way. most HGVs pass me very sensibly, and i return the favour by staying out of their blind spots. i hate UPS van though.
I generally find HGV drivers to be pretty good too, had an artic sat behind me all the way up HERE a week or so ago, road was clear but I guess he didn't want to risk the overtake, I got a PB too for some reason. Mind you, I have to say the guys (and girls of course, heaven forbid I should be accused of anything I wouldn't want to be) in their trucks aren't usually so good when they've just come off the ferry.

I rate lorries above most! Have contacted two local firms recently re; good driving/passes. email replies pleasantly surprised, and said they would pass comments on to drivers. Maybe a bit of positivity helps!

Venod

Eh up
He could have been on a Strava mission, bloody dangerous thing Strava it causes usually safe rational cyclist's to take some risks.

VamP

Banned
That will teach you to make assumptions about whether someone is a nobber or not by the method of transport they are currently employing.

PK99

Legendary Member
Just got back from diving up to Wimbledon village and back. (3 miles total)

TWOT 1: Male Cyclist in full club kit, pedalling full tilt down Wimbledon Hill with enormous grin on his face, just approaching the shopping area & 20mph limit. Speed? Well above 30? No way could he have stopped had a pedestrian stepped out.
TWOT 2: Lady on bike, completely ignores the red light on the main x-junction and then onto pavement on other side, mingling with pedestrians.
TWOT 3: Guy on mtb, at speed along narrow pavement
TWOT4: Lady on bike, using the yellow line as a guide ie inches from kerb, apart from coming around cars parked in bays - with no signal or shoulder check - and immediately back into the kerb for 2 car lengths before the next parked car.

ie A pretty normal day of cyclist behaviour in Wimbledon!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just got back from diving up to Wimbledon village and back. (3 miles total)

TWOT 1: Male Cyclist in full club kit, pedalling full tilt down Wimbledon Hill with enormous grin on his face, just approaching the shopping area & 20mph limit. Speed? Well above 30? No way could he have stopped had a pedestrian stepped out.
TWOT 2: Lady on bike, completely ignores the red light on the main x-junction and then onto pavement on other side, mingling with pedestrians.
TWOT 3: Guy on mtb, at speed along narrow pavement
TWOT4: Lady on bike, using the yellow line as a guide ie inches from kerb, apart from coming around cars parked in bays - with no signal or shoulder check - and immediately back into the kerb for 2 car lengths before the next parked car.

ie A pretty normal day of cyclist behaviour in Wimbledon!
I wish i has the time to right down how many twot drivers i see breaking the law on a daily basis, but theres not enough hours in the day to do it

cd365

Guru
good to hear at least one hgv driver gives a toss about cyclists lives:bravo: ....my experiences are that the majority of hgv drivers drive like homicidal maniacs when passing a cyclist.
I find most HGV drivers to be very good, they understand their vehicle and what they can do if they are not careful.

Leodis

Veteran
strangely, i find it the other way. most HGVs pass me very sensibly, and i return the favour by staying out of their blind spots. i hate UPS van though.

Don't get me started on DHL near my work... :boxing:

As with practically every mode (walking/cycling/drivers). I find that some of the folk go out of their way to care for others, the vast majority are oblivious (neither god or bad); defensive cycling helps here, a little drop are damm careless but not vindictive and a small minority are :sad:

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

those of us who upload videos are responsible for the actions of other cyclists
I didn't say this if I did I apoligise we are all responsible for our own actions nobody else is to blame (unless you're a child then its the parent / carers fault)

don't know if this is aimed at me but I'll take the lesson (I did fail English, drew a picture instead of writing and essay, bloody cool pic though)

Top Bottom