Not all cyclist's use their brain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

As the driver of a large vehicle I always give cyclists room and make sure I always check all around me and today I had the great displeasure of almost squishing a cyclist due to him pulling out on me on a roundabout purely because he couldn't be arsed to brake and wait, now imagine the outcome had I not been fully aware of my surroundings "HGV Driver kills cyclist" let alone how I would've lived with myself, or imagine if it had been the other way round and I'd pulled out on the cyclist (YouTube vids, pulling along side me at the next lights for a rant) what makes it worse is the person was wearing full cycling club attire, its a joke how there's hundreds of YouTube videos blaming every other road user for things which they do themselves

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
A lot of cyclist haven't a clue where the blind spots of a HGV are. Be worth their while finding out, bet they would be surprised and may save their life.^_^

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

A lot of cyclist haven't a clue where the blind spots of a HGV are
wouldn't be so bad if it was a blind spot incident but he pulled straight into my path from the roundabout entry as I was on it indicating that I'm going all the way round

This is one of the closest near misses I have had with a cyclist
pretty close there he seemed to take the junction at a weird-arse angle too, maybe if he'd took it properly then nobody would've had to brake

Every form of transport has its very own knobbers
this is true but there seems to be only cyclist posting daily vids moaning about everyones close passes etc only for the vid to show them doing close passes later on.... and running lights, very hypocritcal

I'm afraid there are just as many idiots on bikes, as there are using other forms of transport! Probably more, as a percentage! What amazes me most is the confrontational attitude of some, they may be 'in the right' but, they are still the most vulnerable road users, so surely self preservation should be the default action, whatever the situation!

classic33

Leg End Member
Fair number of motorists do this a well on petrol head forums.... including video of themselves completely disregarding the road traffic laws.
Some have even taken to boasting on twitter about what they've done.

As the driver of a large vehicle I always give cyclists room and make sure I always check all around me and today I had the great displeasure of almost squishing a cyclist due to him pulling out on me on a roundabout purely because he couldn't be arsed to brake and wait, now imagine the outcome had I not been fully aware of my surroundings "HGV Driver kills cyclist" let alone how I would've lived with myself, or imagine if it had been the other way round and I'd pulled out on the cyclist (YouTube vids, pulling along side me at the next lights for a rant) what makes it worse is the person was wearing full cycling club attire, its a joke how there's hundreds of YouTube videos blaming every other road user for things which they do themselves
Have you seen @gaz Youtube Channel

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom