Not another how many Lumens question....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
User3143 said:
Can you find a bracket yet for the supernova?:thumbsup:;)
No. However, I'm not sure it matters any more, as most of Glasgow has been engulfed in a nuclear maelstrom which is spreading. It would appear that the light itself wasn't entirely waterproof. Some water got in and short circuited the magnetic containment field. :girl: I'm not a happy bunny.

I think the best thing to do is to parcelforce it back to the company headquarters in Germany, and let them deal with it.......

Tynan

Veteran
surely there's no call for a light that bright?

what burn time will it have?

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

Well, my plan was to take a 4 cell 2 AmpHour RC plane battery, and rewire it into a 1 cell 8 AmpHour battery.... and then connect it up to a mini LCD monitor, so that I don't over discharge the battery...

at 8 amp hours, by my calculations.... plenty....

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

It's not really that I need a bright light, apart from the fact that i've been thinking when riding home from work:

"hey, wouldn't it be cool to light up this entire field if i wanted to..."

I just like having bright lights on the bike....

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

I know!!! In all honesty, I could do the maths, but i'm on holiday from mathsw and further maths at college...

Davidc

Guru
gaz said:
Whats the clamp like on the SN 2005ap? i heard it was pretty bad.

Don't need one - it just holds on by gravity until it blows you away!

You could try a pulsar at the back to avoid needing BS whateveritis approval. Only thing is you'd need to be sure it flashed at the legally approved rate. Again, velocity would need to be right to get the red shift.

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

and some dodgy spelling

Davidc

Guru
Trumpettom001 said:
Somwhere I mentioned that I wanted 2 of these lights on the front... 3200 Lummydoodles I make that...

Shine that in someone's face (coming the other way) and you'll probably end up with a couple of bunchythingys of fivydoodles as well. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

Well put sir!!! I'm commuting on completely unlit off road trails through the local park... I'm planning on putting a thumb switch on the bars so that it can be easily dimmed/ turned off..

In all seriousness, I will be carefull with the angles and such - I genuienly don't want to give cyclists a bad name - some of us here have a hard time already on the roads, without car drivers now disliking us 'cos we're brighter than them..... (pun not intended)

RedBike

Theres a cateye stadium light on ebay at the moment. It was only £20 last time I looked. It will take some find as I seem to remember its under a daft title and doesn't mention the name of the light in the advert. (Try searching for HID in the description).

This is a genuine 1600+ lumen light. I've owned one in the past. Stunningly bright light but somewhat heavy. You certainly wouldn't be wanting two of them!

Even if you don't like the light then at that price the battery would be ideal for your new project.

Top Bottom