Not bad at all...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...Managed a new record this week, grand total of 80miles on the bike - never managed that much before in my life! I know for a lot of you that is a trip round the block, but my standards are considerably lower! Didn't even particularly feel like hard work, despite the new inclusion of HILLS :biggrin:! The main problem was fitting it round job, placement, and the mountain of college work they are piling on us with the end of the course approaching.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with myself!!! ;):thumbsup::blush:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
80 miles is no mean feat whilst working and studying.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Wa hey, good going, just remember to take a spare tube and a repair kit next time... it beats walking;)

dessertwarrior

Well done punkypossum.

My better half is away this w/e so I have been making best use of the time to catch up on some cycling (I have been away on a course for 4 weeks).

Managed 50 miles yesterday (first time I made that distance) but only had time for a short ride today (16 miles). Hoping to make it up to 100 miles total for the BH w/e tomorrow.

Can't see me making 100 miles every week (or every month for that matter!) as my 'commute' to work takes all of 5 mins! Still the weather is allegedly improving & the days are longer, so more miles to be done after work.

Keith Oates

Janner
If the commute to work is only five minutes then go in the opposite direction when you leave the house in the morning and you can make the daily ride as long as you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dessertwarrior

Good point Keith!

Mind you, I prefer to get out after work, when I can, as it is a great way to wind down & clear the head. I like to mix the sport during the week too & try to fit in a longish ride at the w/e.

Top Bottom