Not been here long, but off the bike already.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milkfloat

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Trust me - YOU WOULDN'T!!! :okay:

Good luck with your recovery.

I thought as I wrote that, 'hope I don't offend anybody'. I don't think I did, but apologies if so. I have just read all 60 pages of your thread and it is a real eye opener and scary how something that seems so minor can actually be so major. At the very least I will keep these stockings on as prescribed and keep an eye out for the symptoms you detailed. Good luck to you too, sounds like it is a long haul.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought as I wrote that, 'hope I don't offend anybody'. I don't think I did, but apologies if so. I have just read all 60 pages of your thread and it is a real eye opener and scary how something that seems so minor can actually be so major. At the very least I will keep these stockings on as prescribed and keep an eye out for the symptoms you detailed. Good luck to you too, sounds like it is a long haul.
I'm not offended, but it is amazing how little known the dangers of clotting are. I didn't even realise that my own mum had similar problems with her veins!

OP
OP
Milkfloat

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A quick update:

Well, I feel pretty much back to normal. My flexibility which was never great, is still suspect, so I need to work on that. However, I have learnt a few things.

1.) A turbo trainer is incredibly boring when the weather is glorious. Real Life Videos help, plus doing some beta testing for the software makes it more interesting, but ultimately its boring
2.) A turbo trainer keeps you sane when all you want to do is ride
3.) First time being back on the road after the turbo trainer is amazing - it is worth being on a turbo trainer, just to remind you how good real riding is.
4.) A turbo trainer really helps, first time back on the road meant some personal bests and a 3rd place KOM on a minor hill
5.) A standing desk is awesome - if you don't have one, get one. It has helped me back to work and I will use one for life.
6.) Although some consultants have a god complex, they may deserve it. My consultant was completely correct about my recovery, when pain would occur and when it would be fine. i think he has been around the block a few times.
7.) If you have pain, don't ignore it. I ignored it for months and it seems I was lucky to get away without permanent nerve damage. My left leg is still weaker than my right and my back is still pretty knackered, but compared to where I was before I feel like I am in heaven,

I still have a way to go before I am declared 'fit', but I am at a stage where I am happy. For those of you with more serious injuries, I wish you well.

Top Bottom