Not Fit For Purpose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bauldbairn said:
I agree, regards EBC business model. ;) I can't complain about any of the purchases I've had from their Edinburgh shop(only 20 miles from me).

I've got a dreaded visit to Halfords this week to try a Boardman Hybrid Pro for frame size - only wish it was a visit to EBC. I wonder if EBC were approached by Chris Boardman when he was looking for a financial backer?

doubt it, too small and not enough coverage. I'm lucky both my local hf and the one in Guiildford where I got my Boardman (local one not allowed to sell Pro's iirc) are run and staffed by cycling enthusiasts and the non cyclists are trained to say "I'm sorry I don't know, go and speak to Nnnnnn who can help you"

OP
OP
Barbelier

Barbelier

So as we say in these parts... All good.
Thanks Greg.
As I said I'm very happy with the bike and I plan to keep riding it, "twitchy" or not!;)

Got 2 months of serious training ahead of me before the big trip, so plan to clock up a fair few miles!;)

bauldbairn

GregCollins said:
I'm lucky both my local hf and the one in Guiildford where I got my Boardman (local one not allowed to sell Pro's iirc) are run and staffed by cycling enthusiasts and the non cyclists are trained to say "I'm sorry I don't know, go and speak to Nnnnnn who can help you"

The Halfords in my town Falkirk don't sell Boardman's and the one in Stirling(10mls away) has some pretty disinterested(it appears) staff. Although last time I was in looking at the Boardmans, a young woman(who worked for HF) approached me and asked if I like to sit on one? Turns out she'd just bought a Ltd Carbon - so we got talking about the range/value/sales etc. So because of her interest/knowledge I'm going to buy it from the Stirling shop.

Is it the Hybrd Pro that you got then? ;)

I don't know if I've discussed this with you before on another thread?;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
bauldbairn said:
Is it the Hybrd Pro that you got then? :smile:

I don't know if I've discussed this with you before on another thread?:eek:

HT Pro MTB for me but Pro CX, with changed tyres and 'guards fitted is on 'possible audax bike' shortlist.

bauldbairn

I've suspected that for some time. It looks very like the frame on a CB Urban that I had about 6 years ago.

Makes sense to use tried and tested technology/design I suppose - it doesn't suddenly become a bad frame overnight. :eek: - :blush:

Top Bottom