Not for love or money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Any kind of care work, especially the job of looking after people with dementia.
The people that do this job deserve medals.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Me also, i used to enjoy watching Jan 1st on TV and cannot understand people who do it.

This is a common attitude towards those that work in sales. I’ve worked in sales all of my life and I can say I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed it. It included both manufacturing and retail sales.
I remember attending a course once and the speaker put the scenario of two ladies chatting across the garden fence. One says to the other:
‘What does your husband do?’
‘He works in sales’.
‘Oh, never mind dear’.
This image has always stuck. I guess it is to do with the common belief that the job involves strong arming people into things they don’t want but mostly this is not the case, you’re helping them choose things that fit their needs.

This is a common attitude towards those that work in sales. I’ve worked in sales all of my life and I can say I’ve always thoroughly enjoyed it. It included both manufacturing and retail sales.
I remember attending a course once and the speaker put the scenario of two ladies chatting across the garden fence. One says to the other:
‘What does your husband do?’
‘He works in sales’.
‘Oh, never mind dear’.
This image has always stuck. I guess it is to do with the common belief that the job involves strong arming people into things they don’t want but mostly this is not the case, you’re helping them choose things that fit their needs.

I think you need aptitude and tremendous patience. Fully aware that it is sales that builds the company up and we all get paid. I guess I am more a person at the back-end.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Any kind of care work, especially the job of looking after people with dementia.
The people that do this job deserve medals.
And better pay and conditions .

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Police.
Once was enough.

Prison officer.
Army soldier.

Even although I just about coped with it for 25 years I wouldn’t join the prison service again either if I had my life over again. To be honest I’m not sure what my ideal job would be. I love animals, but apart from a vet not sure what else would have been well enough paid.

Another that definitely doesn’t do heights. A step ladder is my limit!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Even although I just about coped with it for 25 years I wouldn’t join the prison service again either if I had my life over again. To be honest I’m not sure what my ideal job would be. I love animals, but apart from a vet not sure what else would have been well enough paid.

Another that definitely doesn’t do heights. A step ladder is my limit!

I would imagine it to be very confrontational, much like the Police, which was the worst aspect about it for me. It does taint your view of fellow humans after a while, no doubt about that!

Top Bottom