Not for love or money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member

That was what I always wanted to do when I was a very young boy, but then reality set in with my lack of academical abilities! Looking back, I probably wouldn't have liked it. All that training, constantly being assessed, and suffering jet lag all the time can't be fun. And in any case, my atrial fibrillation would have put an end to my flying career even quicker than it did to my Police one.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Most of them, it seems :rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Stunt double for Wiley Coyote

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm the same: In a group of strangers or acquaintances I will barely say anything, but if I can prepare I can give talks and run storytelling evenings, which tends to confuse people.

Difference between presenting material you are knowledgeable and confident in, against small talk with strangers in subjects or situations you aren’t comfortable in.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've worked in sales and quite enjoyed it, but it does depend on how the company operate. As Cycleops said, it's mostly about helping people and making sure they're a happy customer. Poor salespeople often find it frustrating, but it doesn't have to be.
I've done manual, smelly labour, not too bad.
@Accy cyclist I'd empty poop bins all day for £30k and a pension.

The only thing I wouldn't/couldn't do is join the Army or Marines. I think I'd probbaly run away and end up in prison

Top Bottom