Not just a ride but a whole Festival of Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
This year there will be the inaugural Edinburgh Festival of Cycling there will be plenty of rides to join in as well as talks, exhibitions and workshops, check it out!

Looks interesting, not sure about the arty-farty side of it but I like the sound of a Night Ride to the Coast - which coast?!? Pity I'm on holiday for most of it though. I'm sure @Scoosh will be in attendance ;)

Fubar

Guru
Friday 21 June 2013: Night: Ride Coastal Night Ride: Ever wondered what it’s like to cycle through the night, on quiet roads? Edinburgh’s first organised Coastal Night Ride (approx. 40 miles) will take place around the night of the summer solstice, and a full moon. We’ll be cruising along the coast from Edinburgh through scenic East Lothian, led by an experienced ride leader. There’s also a yummy breakfast available at the end. Leith Cycle Co will be providing mechanical support on the Night Ride. You can also book your bike in for a discounted tune-up the week before, or rent one of their bikes for the night. More information and tickets will be available soon

Sounds Good!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Having just delivered our 4th Abingdon Cycling Festival, I hope it goes really well for you!

edindave

Über Member
Friday 21 June 2013: Night: Ride Coastal Night Ride: Ever wondered what it’s like to cycle through the night, on quiet roads? Edinburgh’s first organised Coastal Night Ride (approx. 40 miles) will take place around the night of the summer solstice, and a full moon. We’ll be cruising along the coast from Edinburgh through scenic East Lothian, led by an experienced ride leader. There’s also a yummy breakfast available at the end. Leith Cycle Co will be providing mechanical support on the Night Ride. You can also book your bike in for a discounted tune-up the week before, or rent one of their bikes for the night. More information and tickets will be available soon

Sounds Good!

Arthur Seat hill climb sounds good too!

edindave

Über Member
Looks like the website has been updated with details of some of the events. :thumbsup:

I've registered for the Arthur's Seat Hill Climb. :ohmy:

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There is loads of stuff going to be happening, so who else is going for it?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...

Sounds Good!

Hi guys, just a heads up - the night ride is now available for booking ... via The Hub.
Yours truly will be slaving away preparing the breakfast :sweat: while you guys are out and about on your bikes enjoying yourselves.
:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
A surprise midnight snack stop has also been confirmed now :hungry: ...

T

Fubar

Guru
Hi guys, just a heads up - the night ride is now available for booking ... via The Hub.
Yours truly will be slaving away preparing the breakfast :sweat: while you guys are out and about on your bikes enjoying yourselves.
:bicycle::bicycle::bicycle:
A surprise midnight snack stop has also been confirmed now :hungry: ...

T

Damn, still in Cornwall that day! Maybe next year...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll be there ... have bought my Mark Beaumont ticket weeks ago, and will also get tickets for the other two big talks (Saturday's talk by Copenhagen's cycling ambassador, Mikael Colville-Anderson, and Juliana Buhring on her adventures while cycling round the world next Saturday (the fastest women to do this! - she beat Mark B. by a dozen or so days!!!).

If you want 1/3 off the cost of the Copenhagen talk this Saturday evening, there is a discount code "Spokes" that you can use... :thanks:
This weekend I'll also see if I can learn how to unicycle on Saturday :hyper:under expert tuition from the Voodoo stunt unicycling team and watch the displays, and drop into the two photo exhibitions on Sunday ... all free :thumbsup:

Next Friday night I shall be volunteering at the night ride breakfast :sweat: ... did a test ride last Sunday with the ride leaders, which was brilliant ... but have been sworn to secrecy on the route. All I can say is that the road conditions were pretty good (lots of new tarmac), and that the views on the ride should be stunning if the weather plays along with the full moon and summer solstice sunrise :becool:

Other things I'll try and fit in next weekend are the bamboo bike BBQ - keen to see what the finished products from the bike building workshop look like, and of course there is Heels on Wheels on the MEadows ... but it depends on how knackered I am after feeding 50-odd cyclists...

If you are thinking of going on the night ride, I wouldn't wait too long, tickets seem to be selling quite fast...

Might see some of you at one event or another :hello:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Not looking forward to the day AFTER :wacko: the nightride ... will be shattered from being up at funny o'clock:tired:. Never mind, it'll be fun :rolleyes:.

This morning there were only 8 places left ... if anybody else is thinking about signing up, I wouldn't leave it much longer.

All events so far superb :thumbsup:

T

Top Bottom