Not pointing anyone out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Some Youtube Cyclists are quick on the gun to press the ban button as soon as some disagrees with them. Im not going to name drop anyone sonofthewinds.
Anyhow its bit disheartening when trolls have some aspect of ground to stand on(very little, like a grain of sand)
Anyhow annoyed rant over.
A small rant infact

Drago

Legendary Member
They've got small winkies and empty lives, so don't be too disheartened,

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I delete any comment on my videos which is either offensive or diminishing towards cyclists. Its not that I disagree with them, just that I dont want smut on my videos. If they cannot post useful comments, then they dont deserve to be online.

Drago

Legendary Member
the trolls or the YouTube cyclists
If the latter, its nice to learn something new about myself.
The righteously indignant adenoid voiced YouTube video comment-leaving brigade.

Who gives a monkeys what anyone else thinks? Life is gonna awfully tiresome if we get stressed over contrary folk.

Reactions: gbb
D

Deleted member 20519

I think that sonofthewinds has deleted all of his videos except for 7 non cycling related ones...

BSRU

A Human Being
Most trolls are very obvious and are deleted/banned immediately.
I had two people on one of my last video's make negative comments but I did not remove them as, apart from being amusing(they weren't meant to be), they show the ignorance and stupidity of the commenters who made them.

sabian92

Über Member
Some Youtube Cyclists are quick on the gun to press the ban button as soon as some disagrees with them. Im not going to name drop anyone sonofthewinds.
Anyhow its bit disheartening when trolls have some aspect of ground to stand on(very little, like a grain of sand)
Anyhow annoyed rant over.
A small rant infact

He blocked me as well because I called him a tit for telling some man off for being stoned off his face and weaving about a bit, and that if he wanted to kill himself he wasn't the fella to stop him.

I don't add comment to videos and rarely even read the comment left by others. But it is no surprise that some comment is richly textured. The Internet is more than twelve miles across at its widest, so there is a lot of room for complete fruitcakes to post garbage. Much or all of it is best ignored.

I have used some of the better Helmetcammery in the past to make points about riding in traffic to my offspring. Some of it is excellent for this. Gaz and one or two others others are extremely useful and helpful.

What is odd (and odder still that they have the vocal support of many members here) is that there are some complete Far Quits who start their own channels and post footage that makes one cringe. These are people who'd get angry about a paper clip that was the wrong colour.

Yelling "Pull over!" at badly driven cars like one of Macbeth's helium-sucking witches or raging around handing out tickets through car windows for fairly innocuous infringements are disturbing enough behaviours even before the cameraman decides to share them with all of humanity. Some at the crunchier end of the Totally Barking Spectrum seem almost desperately keen to publicise their disturbing instability.

It is all good comedy at one level, but these shouty and self-appointed Federal Marshals of Hoo-Gives-A-Fookery damage the image of cyclists and might be argued to undo some of the good work done by their sensible, moderate, socially competent brethren.

If I had a YouTube channel, I would not allow comment. I am always right, so dissent or disagreement are a waste of time. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom