Not really a offical Cycle club more of a SE London socialcycle club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Maybe it is the person joining and not the club, I have been associated with many over the years and not experienced anything like you feel.
There's plenty testament here for clubs that are less than welcoming or helpful. They exists and people have had bad experiences, that's not to say that the majority don't find something that works for them. I've experienced it myself.

OP
OP
tiswas-steve

tiswas-steve

Über Member
The Facebook page is up and running, just tap in The Copacabana Cycling Club in the search bar and bobs ya uncle, new members welcome ;)

StuartG

slower but further
We get anything from 4-9 riders nearly every Sunday morning, starting at 7.30-8.00 in Sydenham for a spin through the North Downs, coffee/butty/cake stop a must,usually the Tudor Rose in Westerham. Average speed can be anything from 11-15 mph over a 30-50+ mile ride but we drop no one and always wait for the last rider at the top of big hills or if someone is regretting that bacon sarnie at the cafe.
Hey I cycle out of Sydenham most Sundays @ 8.25 to join the Anerley Ride which starts from Purley Oaks @ 9am. We have around the same number and the Tudor Rose is one of our regulars (see below). Have a look at our new Runs List. Be great to meet for a chin wag. http://anerleybc.org or maybe I could guest with you one day - where do you meet?

ride_120129b.jpg

OP
OP
tiswas-steve

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Hi Stuart, we normally leave Sydders anytime between 7.30-8.00 outside the Sydenham hand carwash opposite the Golden lion pub,depending on the type of ride we,re doing that day, early for a hilly one, a bit later for a flattish nippy one. The Tudor Rose is always our point of call most Sundays as well, I'll keep a look out for you next time I'm in there. I'll be the guy with a blue Cube GTC Race, be good to see you. Drop us a line if you fancy a spin one Sunday.

Take care.

Top Bottom