Not the un-judgemental un-smug green environmental thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I find Logs burn for much longer if you leave em out in the rain for a couple of days.
Some years back, I ran a forestry outfit whose winter workload involved around 1000 tonnes of firewood to process and deliver. At least once each season we‘d get a disgruntled customer complain that the logs were “too dry”. Over time, our advice didn’t change: “We recommend a hosepipe.”

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some years back, I ran a forestry outfit whose winter workload involved around 1000 tonnes of firewood to process and deliver. At least once each season we‘d get a disgruntled customer complain that the logs were “too dry”. Over time, our advice didn’t change: “We recommend a hosepipe.”
At the risk of diverting this into a serious thread we have one of the best small stoves on the market, the Franco Belge Montfort Elegance MK11 with the air kit to make it fully DEFRA approved.

We also have a pyrometer on the flue to be able to keep the burn at optimum. :becool:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Foraging for extra protein..

Nom nom nom..

I've started to use both sides of dinner plates, to cut down on washing up

Apparently works with loo roll as well.

True story this morning. In Aldi, panic buying with the rest of the world. The guy in front just had a bottle of table salt. I mentioned this and he said "well they've run out of toilet paper". Not sure how he was going to apply the salt, but I wished him well ^_^

stephec

Legendary Member

True story this morning. In Aldi, panic buying with the rest of the world. The guy in front just had a bottle of table salt. I mentioned this and he said "well they've run out of toilet paper". Not sure how he was going to apply the salt, but I wished him well ^_^
I wouldn't want to try that the morning after a vindaloo.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic

The Roman cleansing method was a sponge on a stick, kept in salt water until required. The expression “getting hold of the wrong end of the stick” derives from this, apparently.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Tell him to rub malt vinegar on his ricker as well, It'll combine to leave it with the tantalising aroma of a chippy tea.

Top Bottom