Not the un-judgemental un-smug green environmental thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Saved money and electricity on internet by using next doors WiFi.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This one is the opposite.
There's a bloke who lives in a house with no neighbours within half a mile if not further. His bin has his house name on it AND postcode. What a nob.
I cycled past a bin a few days ago which had "John's bin" painted on it... Obviously, there would only be one person of that name in a given neighbourhood! :whistle:

PS I just checked the relative popularity of different names. John was very common when I was young, but it seems to have fallen out of favour now.

I had an awkward conversation with an elderly Asian neighbour on the wheelie bin question... His English isn't brilliant and my Urdu is non-existent

I was shopping in an Asian corner shop when an old man in a tweed jacket came in and started chatting to the shop owner in Urdu. He was an Indian Army officer from the good old days.

plus sawdust goes down to practically nothing - .
Was using chainsaw chippings but do most of my cutting away from home. So I am running out all the time. Rung a local sawmill just now. None available as a bloke just took all they had.... outrageous.
Ring next week we will have some more. 2 bags in the bicycle trailer should do it.
Adding to grass cuttings. I have been checking village gardens, those with decent grass (few weeds) and don't use weed killer on the lawn are allowed to donate me there grass. Grass cuttings are excellent for heat. And hopefully not to many weed seeds. Emphasis on hopefully.

I halved the carbon footprint of my neighbours cat.
Are cat's feet as lucky as rabbit's?

I cycled past a bin a few days ago which had "John's bin" painted on it... Obviously, there would only be one person of that name in a given neighbourhood! :whistle:

PS I just checked the relative popularity of different names. John was very common when I was young, but it seems to have fallen out of favour now.

Ooh, you have to paint "and gone" or "but you were out" underneath that writing.

Top Bottom