Not the un-judgemental un-smug green environmental thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Roman cleansing method was a sponge on a stick, kept in salt water until required. The expression “getting hold of the wrong end of the stick” derives from this, apparently.
I thought it was vinegar?

D

Deleted member 26715

Order 5 litres of oil from Eurocarparts only to have an email 3 1/2 hours later to say that my oil had landed in Birmingham, was being transported to Leeds for onward shipment back down to Worksop,

I've started putting my fag butts into the recycling.

Also looking into recycling my urine and excrement, but so far York Council haven't expressed any interest. Their loss. :becool:
I pee into a large sweet jar (plastic is best) and use it in my compost. When not needed for that, i empty in the toilet after i have evaluated my bowels. Human excrement is often used as a fertilizer. I sometimes use it indirectly. I have a odd soak away on my Ceptic tank. Instead of pipes running down the garden i have another tank. Concrete base big hole in the middle and bricks in a circle on top. Gaps between each brick. The black bits start to fill the base so pump it out on to part of the garden i don't use. A bit stinky at first but the smell soon goes. The problem with using it is i have is I have huge weeds. May get a longer pipe and spray it on my back garden vegetable garden. It's terraced so i probably won't make it to the top.

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently works with loo roll as well.

True story this morning. In Aldi, panic buying with the rest of the world. The guy in front just had a bottle of table salt. I mentioned this and he said "well they've run out of toilet paper". Not sure how he was going to apply the salt, but I wished him well ^_^
Ancient practice, he might have had a sponge in salt water at home.

classic33

Leg End Member
I've been saving more electricity by holding a glass to the wall and listening to my neighbours radio instead of my own.
Saving on internet costs by using the neighbours WiFi.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The government says we should all drive electric cars to save the planet.
I'm driving mine as much as I can. I've given up walking anywhere and use the car to while away any free time I have. Did 1000 miles last week aimlessly driving around.
The more I use it - the more I help the environment. :okay:

D

Deleted member 23692

I save all my used toilet paper and periodically post it to Jonathan Porritt.

He's a responsibly man and will know what to do with it

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
To save on bog paper, use The Guardian.
I've found that the online version isn't as good as the hard copy, as it takes a long time to clean up as the laptop screen goes all smeary

Last edited:
Top Bottom