Not Usually a Fan, But...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
...this is truly amazing to look at!

3A020258-D171-4583-9197-4633C5CC1FFE.jpeg

vickster

Legendary Member
...this is truly amazing to look at!

View attachment 414592
It’s very good looking in the metal, it’s in their showroom

Why aren’t you a fan of Ti roadbikes

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
It’s very good looking in the metal, it’s in their showroom

Why aren’t you a fan of Ti roadbikes
It looks a touch more old skool than my usual choices, that’s all. Really like Ti roadies, just not the ones that come with alll the functional bits like mudguards, panniers and the like. Not specifically Ti then, I suppose, but more not a fan of tourers I suppose.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
You could hardly fit a fag paper between the rear tyre and the frame. Strange looking thing, it looks like it's been designed by Dr Seuss.
It’s just something that they used to show off what they can do. Displayed in a show and had so much positive attention that they decided to create it for others to enjoy.

freiston

Veteran
It looks a touch more old skool than my usual choices, that’s all. Really like Ti roadies, just not the ones that come with alll the functional bits like mudguards, panniers and the like. Not specifically Ti then, I suppose, but more not a fan of tourers I suppose.
Oooh! That's where you and me differ - to me, a touring bike is a thing of beauty and a carbon TT/Triathlon bike is an assault on the eyes.

BTW - when I first saw your post, I wondered what it was that you weren't a fan of and I assumed it was Ti frames as when I looked at the picture, I saw a bike built for lightweight and speed. On second looks, the amber-wall tyres and the brown saddle & handlebar tape do make it seem that the manufacturer is going for a "retro" look.

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
Oooh! That's where you and me differ - to me, a touring bike is a thing of beauty and a carbon TT/Triathlon bike is an assault on the eyes.

BTW - when I first saw your post, I wondered what it was that you weren't a fan of and I assumed it was Ti frames as when I looked at the picture, I saw a bike built for lightweight and speed. On second looks, the amber-wall tyres and the brown saddle & handlebar tape do make it seem that the manufacturer is going for a "retro" look.
That’s fine with me tbh, and I hope that’s the same for you too. We like what we like and I am far from rubbishing bikes that others like but don’t fit my view of perfection. That’s what makes us all individual and interesting.

With respect to the tyres, I have them on both my aero road and my climbing bike. Both modern looking carbon frames too. Perhaps I am more retro than I realise? :smile:

Top Bottom