Note to Impatient Driver bloke..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Your letter is too long. Shorten it by about 70% and it will have more impact.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Mr T you disappoint me. I would expect a letter to be the bare minimum from you.

Very few people like to be told they're wrong and even fewer will readily accept their error. I'd be more inclined to save my precious energy for cycling.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Very few people like to be told they're wrong and even fewer will readily accept their error. I'd be more inclined to save my precious energy for cycling.

I am liking your style. I am the same.
But so appreciate that some people do like to do 'more' then just cycle.

On a number of occasions on my commute home from work, always on the same residential road, I would be overtaken by a guy in a car. Although the road was usually empty of traffic he never gave me any space, always passing me as if he was trying to see how close he could get. Cutting a long story short, I eventually found out where he lived, spoke to him calmly and explained my problem. He apologised and it never happened again.
Although I agree that there are plenty of people out there who think they are beyond reproach, there are also others who do what they do through simple ignorance.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a near death experience last Sunday afternoon. A chav in a Peugeot 106(chav mobile)overtook 4 cars at about 50 mph in a 30 mph zone, giving them all a J Arthur Rank sign as he shot past them not looking at the road ahead at all! He missed me by about 3 foot as i froze, imagining myself being tossed 10 ft in to the air. A few minutes later he revved up behind me on his return, i let the idiot pass and took a mental note of his registration. I have an eye for sussing out where such cars are usually parked and low and behold i spotted it yesterday.:dry: I haven't decided on the punishment i will administer yet but he will pay for his actions!:angel:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
No news but being held to account, or the thought that one might be held to account, can restrain this sort of behaviour. I am getting on with enjoying cycling...next move, if there is one, is down to the driver..

SRSE

Regular
I had a near death experience last Sunday afternoon. A chav in a Peugeot 106(chav mobile)overtook 4 cars at about 50 mph in a 30 mph zone, giving them all a J Arthur Rank sign as he shot past them not looking at the road ahead at all! He missed me by about 3 foot as i froze, imagining myself being tossed 10 ft in to the air. A few minutes later he revved up behind me on his return, i let the idiot pass and took a mental note of his registration. I have an eye for sussing out where such cars are usually parked and low and behold i spotted it yesterday.:dry: I haven't decided on the punishment i will administer yet but he will pay for his actions!:angel:

free car mirrors to your existing collection? :whistle:

Lance Jack

Über Member
It's a good note but, you explained all the reasons why you could not pull out of the side road, to him the only thing that was stopping him was you. This is how accidents, or "collisions", happen. One person is giving all round observation and the other is obsessed with one thing and missing all the other, like a red mist. I would of superglued the letter to his windscreen and then he wouldn't of missed it.

I was cut up once as I approached some traffic lights, they went red and we both stopped. Female passenger, male driver. He jumps out, well built bloke, looks like he could handle himself. I got out, my mate gets out, now the driver is on the back foot because he didn't know there was two of us. He stopped and looked, we too are a fair size and, just to add affect we are in uniform with our side arm strapped to our leg (unloaded but he didn't know that). I said "Yes?", at this point I think a little bit of poo came out and he jumped into his car just as the lights changed and shot of looking in his mirror.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I had an incident with a red van a little while back which left me fuming. I've since found out where he frequently parks up overnight and am soooo tempted to go and unscrew all his tyre valve cores.:evil: I haven't yet because I'm a good boy really.:angel:

oldroadman

Veteran
I had an incident with a red van a little while back which left me fuming. I've since found out where he frequently parks up overnight and am soooo tempted to go and unscrew all his tyre valve cores.:evil: I haven't yet because I'm a good boy really.:angel:

You only need the little valve tool and a couple of minutes to unscrew 2 cores, then lightly replace the valve caps. All this must be unobserved. Cue scratching of head by said person who comes to the vehicle and finds two flats, but only one spare wheel (if at all!). Then trying a puncture sealer which will all blow out again because there is no puncture or a valve to stop airflow. Not that I would ever do that, of course, as it could be criminal damage. But not theft if you leave the valves somewhere close, like under the vehicle, no "intent to permantly deprive" then. Not that I would do that, either. Allegedly.

All responsibility disclaimed should anyone find this comment helpful or not. NOt a recommended action.

Top Bottom